By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Sony PS3 2.43 update needed to fix 2.42 firmware"...

shams said:
Oii guys! Pro or anti-PS3, this *is* PS3 news - and may even help someone stop their PS3 from being bricked.

wtf? Now 2.42 will brick your PS3? this is why this thread is BS.

Around the Network

as awesome as hacking on Sony is, this happens all the time

Windows has service packs, linux gets new updates as fast as you can update, Mac OS is updated almost as frequently. Web browsers are a similar story. Most of these are just fixing security flaws or minor bug fixes

TheRealMafoo said:
shams said:
Oii guys! Pro or anti-PS3, this *is* PS3 news - and may even help someone stop their PS3 from being bricked.

wtf? Now 2.42 will brick your PS3? this is why this thread is BS.

the scattered reports that these sites are talking about are just saying that people are saying their discs stop reading in the system, no bricking at all.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

I'm using 2.42 with no problems at all.
I've got an upgraded HDD PAL 60MB console.
Interestingly, although they don't mention it on the websites comprehensive (yeah right) release notes, my PS2 games are working a heck of a lot better. the FMV in FFX for instance is a lot smoother when upscaled. it used to occasionally get a series of lines during playback but not anymore.
Also, I'm not 100% certain but it seems to play more codecs than it used to.
I plugged in my external HDD to transfer some files and was was like Cool! those (home movies obviously) never worked before!
Perhaps i'd just not tried them a while, but i'm getting more and more impressed with my PS3 as time goes on.
/long post

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I'm not sure why Burgles is being blamed for a news story hitting the wires of MANY websites, some clearly PS ones? If the story is bunk, then Sony had better get out a response, since it's spreading over the internet.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

I read the story originally on

http://www.qj.net

That site is about as "Pro PS3" as it gets!

The article does smell of dead fish, but it was an honour for me to post my 1st piece of news to the masses.