By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft almost got me to buy a new 360.

If you get a PS2, just buy a component cable for it. Then switch the options to output over component. If the game doesn't output to 480p, your tv should be able to upscale it. It still looks better than composite regardless.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Is it wrong that when I look at Burgles avatar I get a little aroused?

I should probably get that checked out........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

kingofwale said:
mesoteto said:
kingofwale said:
mesoteto said:
where are you getting the 90 bucks thing?

199 + 30 (found a bunch on ebay for this)+ 45 or a year of live

so that puts yeah about 274

so its still a good deal

let's just say... "i bought this at this price on eBay".. really isn't a good argument.

it's the MSRP people always refer to.

well cant help people that dont want to get the most for their money

yeah, must be suckers for people to shop at respectable retailers and wanting warranty/return policies on their products.

What an bunch of idiots.

You can also get a used 20gig HD at Gamestop for about $50.  It's been reformatted to be like new from factory.  If a return policy is what you want you get a free 30 day warranty or you can buy a 2 year deal for what amounts to less than $10.

That's better then what you'll find at wal-mart

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Leetgeek said:
mysticD said:
Just another troll...can we stop feeding them?

See, I don't report people but you can go to hell for calling me a troll for no damn reason.

1. There's no need for that -- consider this your first and only warning.
  2. About Ebay, it is possible to have bad experiences even with people with great reputations.  I bought some Heroclix a while from someone who had a near perfect reputation but in the timespan of a week he became one of the worst sellers on Ebay and was eventualyl banned a few weeks later.  I've had mostly good experiences with Ebay, but it is possible to have bad experiences and some people are rightfully worried about not seeing their product firsthand (been screwed there too).
  3. About Ebay, it is possible to have a bad experience but it's also easy to gave a great experience.  There are deals to be had everywhere and as long as you're careful you're likely to have a good deal.

Don't buy a 360. There are lots of hidden costs, like with the harddrive. And you can play all the exclusives on a gaming PC if you have one.

Around the Network

Wal-mart has been owned repeatedly in this thread....

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

slimeattack said:
Don't buy a 360. There are lots of hidden costs, like with the harddrive. And you can play all the exclusives on a gaming PC if you have one.

I do have a PC but like I said I'm looking for a console I can play in bed which is also why the Wii is not in consideration.

Leetgeek said:
slimeattack said:

I do have a PC but like I said I'm looking for a console I can play in bed which is also why the Wii is not in consideration.

What stops you from playing with your Wii in bed?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

1) Not everyone trust online shopping. [Some people are still afraid of planes, and they have reason to be]

2) The man simply didn't know about the HDD's of the 2 consoles and for a second was interested in one until he learned about how much it would cost him in general and if it was all worth it for him. For this you would have to remember this:
"You and the OP are 2 different people!!" What sound good to you may not be the same to some one else.

3) From what I read early in this thread he seemed to have made up his mind that he doesn't want to buy the other console, and asked about a different one... so I don't know why people bothered posting about "this cost that now, this price was changed, it will only cost this much in total if you buy it here using that." If you don't want to just help him with his question then leave the thread alone!!!!

Now as for what the OP asked, not sure what you can do about ps2 upscaling, I would just go with getting a BC ps3 and use it's upscaling capabilities. From what I understand getting a device that can upscale a ps2 systems seems pricey.

4 ≈ One

kingofwale said:
probably buy a 360 Arcade if it drops below $200...

warez are bad, Hmmkay?

I hope encouraging piracy is banned.  Mods?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick