By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE4:Wii Edition meet sales expectations?

RE4 could have staying power because I'm sure most of the Wii demographic never played it originally. It's amazing, it's well-known, it's cheap, and there won't be many great games available this whole year, esp over summer.

And I know a lot of gamers who skipped GC but do have a Wii. I don't think the Playstation 2 version will really hamper the Wii ver sales much either.

Around the Network
Great Game I beat it already but the extras will keep you playing it over and over. BTW the Wii controls are fantastic on this game it's never been so easy to aim.

I see RE4: Wii edition saling pretty steady up until Holiday season. You know possibly what Rayman has been doing. And if it can last til Holiday season then it'll get itself a nice little boost. RE4: Wii Edition could easily pass this shipment target in Americas alone.

Alacrist said:
Great Game I beat it already but the extras will keep you playing it over and over. BTW the Wii controls are fantastic on this game it's never been so easy to aim.

Oh I know.  I'm on Chapter 5 just right now.  Almost done.  I've already beat the game on the GC twice but the game is just so amazing, and control is so much better on Wii and more fun, that I had to do it again haha.  GReat game.  And perfect controls with Wii. 

With the Wii, I'm a great deal braver in combat because I have so much more control over the aiming. I love the thrill of taking on the dogs with my pistol.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network
Smash_Brother said:
With the Wii, I'm a great deal braver in combat because I have so much more control over the aiming. I love the thrill of taking on the dogs with my pistol.

Haha oh yea same here.  I remember once that I was sniping a cultist and another one was coming right at me.  I took my time taking out the cultist with rifle in the head switched to handgun and without even being able to see the cursor on screen as to where I was aiming when the thing came up I had a clear headshot just like that.  Perfect aim and placement.  Then kicked him and slashed him with my knife to death to conserve ammo.  

It's just so great.  I mean I know I can use one weapon until they get dead close.  Immediately go to my box switch weapons and fire immediately in the exact right place.  I love it.  Great controls.  Wiimote really is better for shooters.

Zucas said:
Alacrist said:

Oh I know.  I'm on Chapter 5 just right now.  Almost done.  I've already beat the game on the GC twice but the game is just so amazing, and control is so much better on Wii and more fun, that I had to do it again haha.  GReat game.  And perfect controls with Wii. 

DON'T BUY THIS GAME!!! It has kept me up till 4AM for the last 3 nights and I watched my friend play till 3AM this morning. I am not sure what time he stopped. Maybe a parasite came out of his head.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

fabinou said:
Seen on Gamasutra :

"In addition six unnamed Wii titles (presumably including the above two Resident Evil games) and fourteen unspecified Nintendo DS titles are also scheduled – apparently confirming earlier reports of Capcom’s decision to increase support for Nintendo formats."

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14520

At least they're remaining strongly multi-platform which is music to my ears because they've made some really great 360 titles.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26253

"By not limiting development support to specific platforms, it enables Capcom to develop with each platform's strengths in mind and to reach a wide variety of users, further expanding its user base," said Kazuhiko Abe, director and managing corporate officer"

The game is sitting next to me taunting me to play it, but I promised myself that I would wait till I had plenty of free time before starting it as I really want to learn the controls and get deep into the game. You see I CAN wait.... I can wait...

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

fooflexible said:
marcus1979 said:
could they have low expectations since its just a port of a last generation game?

Sure I wouldn't argue with that. But what I am surprised by is their sales expectations of RE:UC that's a new game, expected to only sell 620,000 WW, I'd figure they could manage higher then that on the Wii, for crying out loud Red Steel did, and I'm asuming the RE franchise a bigger userbase and a more universal appeal, and I'm hoping better reviews will give a 1 mill+ in sales WW. But we'll see, they may feel the on-rails shooter style will hurt it, but it should be great fun with the wii-mote.

Just a quick point... my wife LOVES on-rail shooters at the arcade, but doesn't like standard shooters very much. I enjoy both standard and on-rail shooters. I will be much more likely to get this game because it's on rails due to the fact that my wife, a VERY casual gamer, is actually interested in playing it. The 'arcade factor' may help to make this more accessable to casual gamers, while still holding the RE fanbase. It could possibly help.