By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE4:Wii Edition meet sales expectations?

It's $30 here. I bought it, and it's the best purchase I have made on the Wii except Twilight Princess (and it's a close call)

Around the Network

RE4: Wii Edition sells for $29.99 in the U.S. Either that store is charging too much or European games are getting screwed.....AGAIN.

I will buy this game, I never played it on GC or PS2

I always suspected that europe had a big "screw us" sign on it, at least concerning consoles and now that I´m taking a look at the map it looks like Italy is boot, what the hell is going on here.

As a rough guess I would say that another 25,000 to 50,000 can be expected over time in Japan (around 1,000 units average per week for the rest of the year) and 50,000 to 100,000 can be expected over time in North America (reasonably large totals for the next week or so and then small numbers for the rest of the year). Europe should easily pass the 100,000 mark to make this game meet/exceed expectations.

RE:UC should be interesting to watch ...

There are tons of people (like myself) who love gun games but never play them because it isn't easy to justify the light-gun to play the game.

Around the Network

Guys remember they are going off shipments for this not actual sales. So you'll have to find out how much has been shipped. I'd say so far probably about 150k was shipped to the Americas so far with another 100-150k shipped to Japan. They are going to beat this target easy.

Seen on Gamasutra :

"In addition six unnamed Wii titles (presumably including the above two Resident Evil games) and fourteen unspecified Nintendo DS titles are also scheduled – apparently confirming earlier reports of Capcom’s decision to increase support for Nintendo formats."

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14520

That's a good point about the shipping vs sales. I guess you can tack on 100k or so to the sold to consumers number. Is that a reasonable estimate?

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

TheBigFatJ said:
ckmlb said:
I expect a big drop off in RE 4 this week in the US. I imagine the people who wanted it bought it at release or first week.

From what I've been reading, word-of-mouth has been spreading a lot about RE4. It's a high quality game and it surprises people by breaking the standard RE mold, so it should have some reasonably long legs. Many people who don't like Resident Evil much (myself included) absolutely love RE4.

We'll see.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

EEPiccolo said:
That's a good point about the shipping vs sales. I guess you can tack on 100k or so to the sold to consumers number. Is that a reasonable estimate?

Oh yes.  I mean it can't be 100k shipped in the Americas.  That would be implying a saleout.  So 125-150k were probably shipped on opening week.  With another 50k being shipped this upcoming week depending on sales.  That's about 175k-200k in the Americas alone.  Japan probaby had 100k shipped in it's first week and since then another 50k.  There's another 150k right there.  So there's probably close 325k-350k shipped of RE4: Wii Edition and we're still getting started in America, Europe/PAL hasn't even seen a release, and another 50k at most will be shipped to Japan.  They set a very very low target and they are going to be greatly surprised by how far this game surpasses their expectations.  Right now if things stay steady in the Americas they could have close to 400k shipped there alone.  I think Capcom is going to be very happy by the success of this game.