By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE4:Wii Edition meet sales expectations?

I think this is what will spawn Okamin on Wii. They can do it quickly, sell it at a budget price, and have it out for Early 2008. It's gold haha.

Around the Network

2 be honest i wouldn't mind seeing the okami wii version. haven't played it or know anyone who has so would like to see what the hype is about

and on the subject of re:4wii, great news, i like capcom so would be good if this encouraged quality future releases, but then again i always thought their origional sales expectation was a little low.

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

PeoplesChamp said:
Capcom is stupid. Why not make wii versions of Devil May Cry, Okami, and other franchises that no longer make money?

I'll explain.

1. Prior to Wii release most developers put their 3rd string develop teams and minimal resources onto Wii.  

2. Capcom needed to test the Wii controls in a game but didn't want to do so on an expesnive title so they re-released RE4 to gauge the controls and potential sales of future titles.

Now that Wii is incredible popular it will get more 3rd party support and developers will put their 1st string teams with good budgets.   BUT...planning and early development for a game usually takes place a year or even 2 years before they ever announce the games to the public.  Because of this we may not actually see the fruits of Wii's success until the end of 2008.  

If you want me to clarify on some of that more I can.  Just understand that it would be impossible for Capcom to just drop all their big resources that have been planned and budgeted for PS3/X360 and divert them to Wii right away.  It's something that takes time and we're just going to have to accept that. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
PeoplesChamp said:
Capcom is stupid. Why not make wii versions of Devil May Cry, Okami, and other franchises that no longer make money?

Now that Wii is incredible popular it will get more 3rd party support and developers will put their 1st string teams with good budgets.   BUT...planning and early development for a game usually takes place a year or even 2 years before they ever announce the games to the public.  Because of this we may not actually see the fruits of Wii's success until the end of 2008.  

If this happens, it will crush the "Wii is a fad" and "will not be successful past 2008" theories that are out there. 

okami on wii: for $29.99. that'll mop floors.

more $29.99 games!

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network
fagarcia76 said:
Viper1 said:
PeoplesChamp said:

Now that Wii is incredible popular it will get more 3rd party support and developers will put their 1st string teams with good budgets. BUT...planning and early development for a game usually takes place a year or even 2 years before they ever announce the games to the public. Because of this we may not actually see the fruits of Wii's success until the end of 2008.

If this happens, it will crush the "Wii is a fad" and "will not be successful past 2008" theories that are out there.

Indeed it will. Most people that comment like that are incredibly uneducated to how this industry truly operates.

This is also why current games for the system are somewhat bland. Everything that has been released thus far was really in planing and development prior to the systems launch. Back when it was written off as 3rd place before the next gen even began. Those few developers and publishers that did want to support Wii right away put their 3rd string development teams and low budgets on it. Or worse, they'd outsource all development to an anonymous developer like Tose.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

RolStoppable said:
PeoplesChamp said:

You have answered your own question in your first sentence.

Rhetorical question, I know.

Seriously, Okami on Wii would rock.

@Rol:Hilarious, as usual. 

The franchises will come.  2008-2009.  I will eat crow if I am wrong.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Lingyis said:
okami on wii: for $29.99. that'll mop floors.

more $29.99 games!

Well the game wasn't an absolute success like RE4, but Capcom may realize that price is largely the reason a port sold so well.

Yet the very lack of high sales may be the reason many of us would want Okami (even though I have the game already). Unlike most of the PS2 ports to the Wii, and the PSP, it's a game we would actually want.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

wow i think its safe to say that capcom will make more money from this than they did for dead rising or lost planet (when you factor in development costs, lp and dead risings budgets would be in the millions, whereas re4 wii would have costs them basically nothing)

In italy the game is nowhere to be found ( I pre-ordered it on a big online shop, but they had too many requests and they couldn't fulfil them ). I had to buy it second-hand.

I think it went far beyond sales expectations.

Wii number: 0440484074835966