By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Platinum Video.

Onimusha12 said:
Gardenia is always good eye candy for a trailer

pfft, Candice is superior in every way.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Ever since a user in Neogaf called out the Disney Art Academy and Pokemon Sun and Moon's codename (Niji) correctly, the idea that Zelda Wii U may actually be Zelda Wii U and NX became more commonly accepeted. Because of this, the Wii U version obviously won't be the definite version in certain areas (graphics) but maybe better in others (off-screen play). If there are areas where Zelda Wii U lacks or struggle with, when does it personally become a major problem? This question is aimed for Wii U owners who are planning to buy it for their system. 

Here are three thing that would have to occur that would force me to skip the Wii U version:

1. The lack of these grass texture/physics/???:

Grass physics,  texture, cgi animation, whatever that's responsible for the way these grass look and move from above, is extremely beautiful. For me, this is the most distinguishable aspects of this new Zelda game. If the Wii U is unable to produce these effects and visuals, then forget it. I know this sounds ridiculous but something about how the grass fields looks and feels is really immersive and I need to have it in my Wii U port.

2. Appropriate HD resolution and frame rates

If they find a way to make the grass look as good as the gif above then I can accept 720p and the standard 30 fps for 3D Zelda games. I will not accept it if this game ends up less than 30 fps even if its 4k. I don't take stable frame rates for granted anymore after finishing Ocarina of Time in the Virtual console with sub 19 fps!

3. Lacking content from the NX port

This probably won't happen but if for some reason the Wii U has less content than the NX port that's a big no for me as well. Little things that are left off due to console differences won't matter. I didn't mind when the Twilight Princess for the GameCube lacked motion controls or an extra button for items. And Wii owners were probably okay with the lack of camera stick. Having smaller dungeons and overworld will not be okay though.

What flaws or omissions will make you avoid the Wii U version?

SmokedHostage said:
Onimusha12 said:

Oh no you didn't. Now we gots to throw down! Nobody disses ma' leaf type lady.

Looks pretty good, can't wait for this game to come out.

skeezer said:
After 250 pokemon IMO it just got weird.....

I got lost after they released Mew.  151 was enough for me.  If I had a GB past the pocket I might of kept getting the games though.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network
arsenal009 said:
@valkyria
cause they need to continue to sell the games

What's the pt of catching the same pokemon all over again?

Dunno......
Point is they lost me as a customer......not that it matters much.

I wanna play new pokemon games just not with all the those wierd ass pokemon. The new legendary ones are cool I guess but still.

I wish they could make new games with the 151 like different city layout or something.

quarashi said:
skeezer said:
After 250 pokemon IMO it just got weird.....

I got lost after they released Mew.  151 was enough for me.  If I had a GB past the pocket I might of kept getting the games though.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Onimusha12 said:
SmokedHostage said:
Onimusha12 said:

By the way, Erika was the superior grass lady.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
Onimusha12 said:
SmokedHostage said:
Onimusha12 said:

By the way, Erika was the superior grass lady.

Agreed, Erika is better.

It was all about Bulbasaur!!!
He's THE grass-type to have haha
:P

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy