By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SQUARE FFXIII: PS3 game quality will not suffer because of 360 port.

Wait, so they're saying that the PS3 version will still rock out on 50gigs, while the 360 version is still going to eat shit on 9gigs?

Am I getting this right?

Sony will prevail. My 60 gig says so.

PlayStation 3 Games:

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- LittleBigPlanet
- Guitar Hero: World Tour

Around the Network

this should be interesting.

starcraft said:
Skeeuk said:

-----------------------------------------

good job square of deciding not to dumb down the game because of multiplat announcment. i hope square, rage and many others take this line in thier future game developments.

How is this good news?  He's saying they wont be putting in the time necessary to make the PS3 version look and play as good as the Xbox 360 version will.

No. It means the game is being developed completely for the PS3 to completion, and then ported to Xbox360, which means the PS3 version won't be dumbed down so it will work on the Xbox360, only the 360 version will be.

Tbone said:
Well thats good but Us and Europe wont get it until they finsih the 360 version too.

Or maybe they'll just release the Xbox360 version later than the PS3 version after they finish porting it.

Edit: A quote from the article supports my thoughts on the releases.

'In the video, director Motomu Toriyama didn't beat around the bush when Nomura asked him questions about the 360 FFXIII. Starting off, he reconfirmed that, "We haven't changed the direction of the development. We're making the PS3 version first, and then porting to the 360 later." '

Soriku said:
Did anyone really think they'd dumb down the PS3 version? o-o

I'm willing to bet FF XIII will take up 3-4 discs on the 360...which isn't a whole lot for a game like FF XIII. It's not like this is the first time a FF took 3-4 discs. Plus games like LO were 3 discs...don't see what the problem would be if FF XIII on the 360 was the same.

Lost Odyssey was 4 discs.  The big issue with splitting discs is having to copy the overworld / town / dungeon data to every single disc.  In LO, much of the world map was blocked off in the 2nd and 3rd disc.

SE could get around this problem if they require the HDD on the 360 version for all the base data and run the cinematics off the disc.  Right now, MS requires that all games are able to directly run off the disc.  However, I'm sure SE can convince them to waive that requirement just because they are getting this game now.  Even if Core/Arcade owners have to get an HDD, that's still cheaper than getting a PS3.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Skeeuk said:

-----------------------------------------

good job square of deciding not to dumb down the game because of multiplat announcment. i hope square, rage and many others take this line in thier future game developments.

How is this good news?  He's saying they wont be putting in the time necessary to make the PS3 version look and play as good as the Xbox 360 version will.

But...but....but....the 360 is simply a copy and paste job as the PS3 version...it's quality can only go down

PS. I get your sarcasm

Soriku said:
Did anyone really think they'd dumb down the PS3 version? o-o

I'm willing to bet FF XIII will take up 3-4 discs on the 360...which isn't a whole lot for a game like FF XIII. It's not like this is the first time a FF took 3-4 discs. Plus games like LO were 3 discs...don't see what the problem would be if FF XIII on the 360 was the same.

LO was 4 disks.  I know, I have the game.

Glad that FFXIII's quality won't suffer from the 360 port

This is great news, but it was obvious... wasn't it?- I mean, it is being developed for the PS3 first and then ported to the 360 after completion.

IMO, anyone who ownes both a PS3 and a 360 and gets this game for the 360 is nuts! Also, FF13v will be PS3 exclusive, having them both on the same platform for me is a must. I just want it released already, then SE will realise how well the PS3 will push FF in both looks and sales.

Oh, and don't expect subtitles on the Nippon version, won't happen.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Anyway do you think they would have said 'Thanks to the X360 the game will be dumbfounded?'

IMO, anyone who ownes both a PS3 and a 360 and gets this game for the 360 is nuts!

Why? The game's not even out yet. Sure, if the 360 version has 20 discs that you're swapping every 10 minutes then fine, but nobody knows how it's going to work yet. The 360 version might be better. It wouldn't be the first time.