By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SQUARE FFXIII: PS3 game quality will not suffer because of 360 port.

microsoft has succesfully delayed the PS3's release

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139

Around the Network
naraku2099 said:
starcraft said:
Skeeuk said:

-----------------------------------------

good job square of deciding not to dumb down the game because of multiplat announcment. i hope square, rage and many others take this line in thier future game developments.

How is this good news? He's saying they wont be putting in the time necessary to make the PS3 version look and play as good as the Xbox 360 version will.

No. It means the game is being developed completely for the PS3 to completion, and then ported to Xbox360, which means the PS3 version won't be dumbed down so it will work on the Xbox360, only the 360 version will be.

Now that we've read the ps3 fanboy point of view, let's look at the 360 fanboys:

The difference between PS3 and 360's power is not large enough for S-E to need to "dumb down" the ps3 version in order to port it to the 360. The only difference being Blu-ray's considerably larger storage space. S-E never said the 360 version was worse off, therefore it's equally logical to think that the 360 is close enough to the PS3 version that they don't need to make any specific changes.

I'm not saying that this'll be the case, but none of you can say that the 360 version will be dumbed down because S-E hasn't said that it will be and none of you have seen the game yet to say that it is.

who said 360 version will dumbed down ??! until now most of the multiplatform games work better on 360.

it will be delayed anyway, square i'm not happy :(

NNN2004 said:
who said 360 version will dumbed down ??! until now most of the multiplatform games work better on 360.

dumbed down meaning it is compressed and lowered to the quality of Xbox 360 standard. Thats why they say dumbed down, which is why it is a port and not an original game run on the 360 right?  you believe you can play 50 gb worth of the game just like one would on the PS3 and expect the same exact results? No.

It may seem the same but running wise, loading times, size, speed, comes into effect when you play the two different versions.

Around the Network
fayewong said:
NNN2004 said:

dumbed down meaning it is compressed and lowered to the quality of Xbox 360 standard. Thats why they say dumbed down, which is why it is a port and not an original game run on the 360 right?  you believe you can play 50 gb worth of the game just like one would on the PS3 and expect the same exact results? No.

It may seem the same but running wise, loading times, size, speed, comes into effect when you play the two different versions.

not a big deal then

Isn't 4 DVDs discs a lot more expensive then 1Blu-ray?

this is besides the point though, I'm not concerned about quality, I'm concerned about the fact I would like it without a delay. I expect it at most 1 year after the Japanese release.

Hmm, pie.

oh dear oh dear this i snot going to end well

Lets hope the quality of FF XIII on both consoles is of a high quality standard to please both console owners: PS3 and X360 fans.

HanzoTheRazor said:
This is great news, but it was obvious... wasn't it?- I mean, it is being developed for the PS3 first and then ported to the 360 after completion.

IMO, anyone who ownes both a PS3 and a 360 and gets this game for the 360 is nuts! Also, FF13v will be PS3 exclusive, having them both on the same platform for me is a must. I just want it released already, then SE will realise how well the PS3 will push FF in both looks and sales.

Oh, and don't expect subtitles on the Nippon version, won't happen.

That is a good point, who in the right mind would say... Hey! Final Fantasy XIII is coming out on the 360 and PS3. Hmm I am not sure of which of the two to buy, but I am gonna choose the 360 version with its past history of hardware failure and scratches on the game disc than over a PS3 which is going to be the future of gaming with its blu-ray technology.

Multiple disc swaps? who cares! blu-ray? I got a good HD-DVD system to watch it on.. oh wait... they lost the format war. I could care less if the system craps out on me as long as I can play the game and ignore the fact that Final Fantasy XIII Versus is PS3 exclusive because I don't like a more badass emo story about a King cause it sucks.

Its more logical for anyone who grow up playing the FF series on Playstation will stick to "Playstation".