By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Book(s) your reading?

Schindler's Ark.

This is the third time I've read it though, to be honest I read books too fast and I'm too lazy to go to the library often so I've read all of my books several times over =\

Around the Network

Terry Pratchetts - Interesting times

Wyrd Sisters right now. I am on a Terry Pratchett kick so I will probably be reading Discworld novels for a while to come. I don't know what I will do after I finish the series, but I have a good 30 books to go.

I can't imagine why anyone would be excited about not reading. A good book is a great time killer. Once you find a genre or writer you like it gets easier and easier to lose days to a few good books.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

A good book is more than just a good time killer, they are (in my opinion) a far more deep form of entertainment than either film or gaming.

Also loving the Terry Pratchett love in this thread, he is a great writer in my opinion.

I agree with you on that one honestly. You can get more across when you have to describe the inner workings of all your characters. You can subtley reference many things that would easily be either over looked, or over focused on if you were to put it into a more visual medium. That said, I find those books boring mostly. I prefer something that focuses more on just being a good story rather than trying to make a point of some sort. Occasionally it is done extremely well and I can get behind it, but more often than not it is just annoying for me. To each their own though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Lord & Ladies by Terry Pratchett. The one before that (Small Gods) was the best one so far IMO.

Nintendo Fan Girl said:
pichu_pichu said:
nothing at the moment, don't read books often

your like me you know awesome!

I think you mean "You're like me...". Books are YOUR friend!

I just finished Star Wars: Labyrinth of Evil earlier tonight. It was pretty good, but it just annoys me how all these Star Wars books feel the need to take every little bit of mystery out of the films, spell out a backstory for everything, and ties everything together in some ridiculous way.

*SPOILER FOR THE BOOK*

For instance, I'm sure most here remember the silver protocal droid we see at the beginning of Episode I. Well, that same droid pops up in this book. Towards the end of the book 3PO has a chance meeting with the silver protocol droid, then tells Padme that the droid offered him some strange advice...that if he were ever offered a memory-wipe, that he should accept it. Come on. It wasn't necessary to foreshadow 3PO's memory-wipe, much less in some silly way as the book did.

*END OF SPOLIER*

Like I said, it's a fine book in many ways, just far too many winks and nudges to Star Wars fans for my liking.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Winter's Heart. The 9th book in the Wheel of Time series. I haven't read any of it in like 2 months because I had to read a few books for my summer school class.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Maybe with all this reading you can start to use the correct "you're."  But then, I'm sure I make plenty of mistakes on this forum...that one always pops out, though.

I'm reading the latest Drizzt book before moving back to Terry Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule series that I never finished.

The Idiot, by Dostoevsky