By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Did someone hack the voting?

naznatips said:

Edit: Ocarina of Time down to a 7.9 based on people who never played it saddens me :(

This is the case with like every good game on the lsit.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Mjah it is hard to have a core audience that knows what it is talking about. Take for example imdb that has a score system too. For years it was realiable: if it has a 6 it was worth watching, 7.5 and up is good, 8 and up was excellent. Yet that system only works when people give it the credit that a movie deserves.

Now i see many people voting like 9 or 10, i think thats a dangerous thing to do. M-maybe if you pick up a game or a movie after 15 years and you still think: man thats good, i could maybe think about giving it a 10. But many people don't make that distinction, they think it's good and everyone has to think its good.
So the imdb scores for newer movies are just way too high or way too low, of course they settle down after a while but not every movie gets 80k ratings.
So i think that the rating should be controlled, maybe only operators or people that have an account for over a year of people that voted 50 times and their votes have been checked.

But then again, how says this site will live on. The only reason i come here is because of the relative high moderation and the sometimes interesting posts.
However if you see a guy like 'blue 3' (or something like that) referring to a long text that i could have written when i was 9 years old and its commented as 'very good'. I don't know i have questions about that.
Weird that when we were all guessing how the Nintendo Revoltution would look like, there were creative people showing up all over the internet. Now we are left with some people claiming 'only this console is for the hardcore gamer' and other posts on the level of 'PS3fanboy' that profiles itself more like a blue-ray movie fansite rather then actually saying something about the PS3.

Time will tell...

The worst part is that DS and Super Nes japanese only games all have scores of 1.0 or 2.0. Seems like someone gave all DS games 0 or 1. Some of these games are so rare and obscure that I doubt someone on VGchartz have played them (at least not without using emulators).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Nintendo games are at the top because Nintendo makes the best games. Pure and Simple. I've been giving some games 1s just to try and balance things out to make it seem more fair but I'm done trying to do that. Might as well just let Nintendo dominate the top at this rate, but of course I'd rather have FFVII on top.

Also it seems I can vote more than once? I dunno what the rules are but I've gave FFVII 10s more than a few times.

Quit lying, Edouble. We both know you want Symphony of the Night on top.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

I've never played bob the builder, maybe it's awesome!!

For me, as long as OoT is number one, I dont have a problem. Gamerankings.com agrees.

Isn't it obvious, it isn't hacking. It's a simple vote stacking program someone has running 24/7. People use those all the time. Remember the Hungarian Bridge thing that Colbert helped along? According to the site 17 million people voted for Colbert's name. That is larger than the entire Stephen Colbert audience and population of Hungary combined... All ioi needs to do is make registering required to vote, and make it so that the registered people can only vote once per title. People will still be able to stack the votes but it would be a heck of a lot tougher.

Also I think that originally Nintendo fans were stacking the votes in Nintendo's favor manually, because there are so many more Nintendo fans those votes dwarfed Sony's. Now Sony is doing the vote stacking programs in retaliation, and soon Nintendo will have those too.

i dont give a rats ass about the voting list.. its too many factors that diminish its value...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Killzone 2 is the big one? As I understand it MGS4 or FF13 were the big ones. Didn't Killzone 1 suck?