By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Did someone hack the voting?

I'm just wondering is it possible for a game to jump from 7.8 to 8.87 in a few seconds? And oddly enough they are all Sony games.

Edit: Nevermind this isn't even important.

Around the Network

yes someone did

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

...guerrilla warfare from the SDF!

your mother said:

...guerrilla warfare from the SDF!

What's the SDF?

Oh hell, I've been watching this site as a guest for some time now, but this topic enticed me to make an account. I'm going to bring up a few questions for you:

1). A Playstation game goes up in rating (or a PS game happens to make top 10) and everyone complains that there must be some hacking going on? Hah! Seriously.

2). I don't know about a 1.00 increase (how many votes total?) but considering that the PS2 was the highest selling console, maybe some of the 140million people started voting?

3). Are you watching the scores that intently or are you one of those that vote down the opposing games? Honestly, I can't figure out why Nintendo has had the top 10 spots for so long considering point #2.

4). ioi asked in another post how he could get more Sony and Microsoft fans to sign up and post. Maybe this is part of his grand scheme. Seeing how most of the Moderators here have Nintendo sigs, I doubt it. Also, ioi. Maybe that's the reason there are no Sony/Microsoft fans signed up? Moderator loyalty.

5). Just as on other sites, report good sony news.. get flamed. Report good Nintendo news.. get praise.

You all make me sick that I even made an account to post my thoughts on all this. Why can't the highest selling console in the world enjoy a few top ranked games? Didn't the games make it the top selling system?? That's a serious question if you actually followed along.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network

Andir your logic would be good.

Except there are people that like nintnedo voting 1's for playstation games and people who hate nintendo voting 1s for nintendo games.

It is all stupid the voting needs to be fixed.

We all know no matter what system there is maybe like 4 games MAX in the history that deserve a rating of 1. The system needs to be fixed to cut out odd results for games like the 1s to etc... that shoudln't be there.

Andir, lemme put it this way

NO NO NO NO, you're totally wrong

there is a hack going on and im 100% sure of it

Well, your totally asking for fanboy ratings by even having a user rated system in the first place. Especially if it's true that you can vote more than once. I say live with it or get rid of it.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

seriously, you have no idea whats going on with the rating system do you? please come again once your brain is functioning again

Andir said:
Oh hell, I've been watching this site as a guest for some time now, but this topic enticed me to make an account. I'm going to bring up a few questions for you:

1). A Playstation game goes up in rating (or a PS game happens to make top 10) and everyone complains that there must be some hacking going on? Hah! Seriously.

2). I don't know about a 1.00 increase (how many votes total?) but considering that the PS2 was the highest selling console, maybe some of the 140million people started voting?

3). Are you watching the scores that intently or are you one of those that vote down the opposing games? Honestly, I can't figure out why Nintendo has had the top 10 spots for so long considering point #2.

4). ioi asked in another post how he could get more Sony and Microsoft fans to sign up and post. Maybe this is part of his grand scheme. Seeing how most of the Moderators here have Nintendo sigs, I doubt it. Also, ioi. Maybe that's the reason there are no Sony/Microsoft fans signed up? Moderator loyalty.

5). Just as on other sites, report good sony news.. get flamed. Report good Nintendo news.. get praise.

You all make me sick that I even made an account to post my thoughts on all this. Why can't the highest selling console in the world enjoy a few top ranked games? Didn't the games make it the top selling system?? That's a serious question if you actually followed along.

Most people that are intressted in game sales are nintendo fanboys most of them not hardcore but still. Maybe there should be a poll to confirm this.