By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hackers taking over latest Mario Kart Wii tournament

The newest Mario Kart Wii tournament went live a few days ago, but unfortunately, some participants took it upon themselves to hack their way to the top. Two racers have submitted ludicrous times - 0.004 and 0.609 seconds. Immediately upon looking at these results, one would quickly surmise that the results would not have been able to have been achieved through ethical means. Also, one of the hackers has gone so far as to dawn the name “ihack@you.” This is not the first time the Mario Kart Wii online system has been hacked. Previously, people began to exploit the Time Trials system to earn impossible times. Nintendo was able to root out and take care of cheaters, so it is expected that Nintendo will take similar action with this latest issue.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=2331

Around the Network

Nice, RickRoll is the legit winner.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

damn cheaters ruin the experience for us hard working honest people ....

is this the donkey kong one with the infinite banana's  or last one with the collect the coins ?

I hate cheaters >_>

Incandescence said:

Or, RickRoll is just the smartest hacker and realized that if their time was only *slightly* better than the fastest real time, it may sneak through any filters nintendo puts in...

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network

I agree with alpha dk.

*sigh* I knew stuff like this was goin on.

loll i just did this. got 2:36.455

i used the new shortcut to get it though

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

i hate it when people cheat

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

alpha_dk said:
Incandescence said:

Or, RickRoll is just the smartest hacker and realized that if their time was only *slightly* better than the fastest real time, it may sneak through any filters nintendo puts in...

Yeah - 4sec better than all other times, with all other times within a fraction of a second of the others. Hmmm...

Suspicious to say the least. Ninty will fix them all :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Well, thtas kinda put me off playing mkWii online...