By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Hilarious Microsoft "ban"!

halogamer1989 said:
What about the Gaylord Hotels and Convention resorts?

i guess they cant make a gamertag using that name either.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. I understand why MS is doing this, in this case they should make and exception since it is the guys given name. Microsoft has the right to do this and I'm glad they are enforcing this. The last thing I was to do is play someone online with an obscene gamer tag like "gayphatass" or "dwoodshard".

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

PS360ForTheWin said:
wtf? how is gaywood offensive to anyone?

Put erection instead of "wood" and you'll understand. Anybody else think it's a little moronic for the guy to use his real name as a tag or I am just paranoiac? Anyway, still suck for the guy.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

I think he knew what he was getting into by putting his real name on there. No one does that, or shouldn't do that at least. It is just a name. If it possibly offends someone, it should be changed.

Yeah he shouldn't have used his name anyway.  From the XBL Code of Conduct....

Gamertags and Nicknames

When you create a LIVE account for use with Xbox or Games for Windows, you will be asked to create a gamertag. You also may be allowed to pick separate nicknames to use in-game. These gamertags and nicknames will be shown to other players when you are signed in to the LIVE service for use with Xbox or Games for Windows (the "Service") and may be displayed with your game stats and presence status as displayed in-game, via Windows Live Messenger and/or on the Web. Since these names may be publicly displayed, you should not use your personal information when creating them. You may also have the opportunity to add attachments such as of photos, graphics, text, or audio to your stats information. If you do this, those attachments will be able to be viewed or heard by other users of the service.

Around the Network

dude...this is super old

BMaker11 said:
dude...this is super old

Yeah totally. It's like a year and a half old in dog years.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

LOL MATURE said:
MrBubbles said:
i knew someone named Peter Pound.... you can imagine there was a number of jokes about it.

but in this case.... its sad that he cant use his real name, but they have a valid argument.

It's not very valid. What's next people are going to get offended if they card him buying cigs so then he needs to censor his ID?

This game from a user complaint. People are too touchy. I bet I can get away with worse names than this.

My friend already has. His gamertag is easyBakeJOOoven.

i kind of agree with microsoft,they just dont want to offend anyone.as for the guy,it sucks,pick a new name and move along.

I have a friend who's name is Nazz. I won't post his last name here for obvious reasons but his name was banned as well for just using his first & last name on live. There is no way MS would know if your real name is what is posted as your gamertag. As much as it would suck I don't it would be right to make an exception.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection