By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats your favorite game everyone seems to hate?

brawl! i mean sony people hate it!

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:
windbane said:
Xen said:
Dgc1808 said:
MGS4.....
Final Fantasy [Series]....

Everyone hates these? wow.

He cheated. Those games are beloved.

They're both.

MGS2 is a strong divide between the Gamers who loathe it and the Pseudo-Intellectuals who love it. MGS3 is for some reason disliked as a whole by the gaming community with exception of the few gamers capable of recognizing true genius. And MGS4 is best described as a sucker punch from a handsome man.

Final Fantasy X is like MGS2 an equally polarizing element in the gaming world. FFX-2 and FF7 Dirge of Cerberus were the beginning of the "Oh Shi-!" moment that would bring many to realize it was over for Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy XI is perhpas the sorest point of contention of all Final Fantasy games, I'm told its a great game if you're willing to play a gimped, awkward and relatively inaccessable MMORPG. Final Fantasy XII is not even spoken of, enough said.

Both franchises are as infamous as they are famous and by all accounts are on an overall downward trend of quality and sales.

MGS3 and MGS4 recieved more love than hate.  Also,  FFX gets more love than hate.  It's FFXII that has a divide in the gaming community

Nintendo Fan Girl said:

Not just Sony people. I enjoy the game, but it does actually feel like Melee all over again, just slowed down a bit and I hate that floating orb that everyone scurries for in order to pull off ridiculous special attacks.

It is a very good game, they don't deny that, it is just people think it is undeserving of the score it recieved.

With my game, they picked the damn game apart.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Hey You Pikachu. That game was a ton of fun for me.

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" -Shigeru Miyamoto

Currently Playing - Metroid Zero Mission

>15% ending
Normal Hard <2hrs <100% Normal Hard
<2hrs 100%
Normal Hard 2-4hrs <100% Normal Hard
>2hrs 100%
Normal Hard 4+hrs <100% Normal Hard

Advance Wars.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
Nintendo Fan Girl said:

It's kinda funny.  I had Melee years ago and just didn't "get it".  Therefore, I just completely wrote off Brawl as something I'd never buy.  Then my son played Brawl at Gamestop one day and liked it so I bought it thinking we'd have a little fun with it.  Now we LOVE it.  My wife really laughs at us.  My 32 yr. old self sitting next to my 4 yr. old son laughing like crazy and kicking the crap out of anything that moves.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Riachu said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
windbane said:
Xen said:
Dgc1808 said:
MGS4.....
Final Fantasy [Series]....

Everyone hates these? wow.

He cheated. Those games are beloved.

They're both.

MGS2 is a strong divide between the Gamers who loathe it and the Pseudo-Intellectuals who love it. MGS3 is for some reason disliked as a whole by the gaming community with exception of the few gamers capable of recognizing true genius. And MGS4 is best described as a sucker punch from a handsome man.

Final Fantasy X is like MGS2 an equally polarizing element in the gaming world. FFX-2 and FF7 Dirge of Cerberus were the beginning of the "Oh Shi-!" moment that would bring many to realize it was over for Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy XI is perhpas the sorest point of contention of all Final Fantasy games, I'm told its a great game if you're willing to play a gimped, awkward and relatively inaccessable MMORPG. Final Fantasy XII is not even spoken of, enough said.

Both franchises are as infamous as they are famous and by all accounts are on an overall downward trend of quality and sales.

MGS3 and MGS4 recieved more love than hate.  Also,  FFX gets more love than hate.  It's FFXII that has a divide in the gaming community

People tell themselves alot of things about the games they want to like.

MGS4 recieves more love than hate because by and large ony people who were going to love it no matter how it turned out actually invested the money to buy it. MGS3 seems like a game no one wanted to like, I guess it wasn't wacky enough like MGS2 to pass for a good MGS game.

FFX is still a divide and seen by many as the beginning of the downward trend in the series or at the very least the harbinger of things to come. FFXII is no divide, everyone agrees unanymously that it is a bland bland game with a lazy MMO engine. FFXII is best described as Star Wars Episode 1 with no pod-race.

Slice it however you like, each series earns its respective amount of hate and are loved only as much as people are excited about the next game comming out.

MGS 2 beats MGS 3 by everything save for gameplay. Stronger story, stronger atmosphere, deeper characters, why MGS 3 is more liked? no idea.

FFX a downward in the series? how? no atb? (thank god), voiceovers? great music? deep lvl up system? best story in the series? I seriously don't get how anyone could like FF7 more than FFX (I can get how people can like FF6 more, though).

Still, I can agree with FFXII. A great game no doubt, but not up to par with the others.

hum..

X3:Reunion
Bladestorm (the demo, I will get the game as soon as I see it for ~25€)

SuperMario1 said:
Hey You Pikachu. That game was a ton of fun for me.

I could go with this.