By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Wii Music is really good?

FreeTalkLive said:
Has Nintendo ever made a fun game? I once had a friend with Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Wii Fit but when he opened the games he burned them right away. And you know what, I helped! Nintendo can do nothing right and Wii Music is more of the same. I would go buy a PS3 and Xbox 360 right now if I could find either of them in a store.

I sense a troll.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

I'd love to believe that the game will somehow be packed with shittons of depth, but seriously, unless the game undergoes some MASSIVE revamp from the E3 demo, it looks to have the depth of pong, but even less so because you could actually lose at pong.

From everything I saw, you hit buttons and the music played at the speed at which you hit buttons. It's like a virtual version of a jack in the box where you turn the crank slow or fast.

Guitar Hero has already proven that the causal audience can handle a game of its complexity. This isn't an area that needed any dumbing down.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

RolStoppable said:
SmokedHostage said:
FreeTalkLive said:
Has Nintendo ever made a fun game? I once had a friend with Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Wii Fit but when he opened the games he burned them right away. And you know what, I helped! Nintendo can do nothing right and Wii Music is more of the same. I would go buy a PS3 and Xbox 360 right now if I could find either of them in a store.

I sense sarcasm.

Fixed it for you.

Thanks.  I often get those confused.

Pixel Art can be fun.

RolStoppable said:
SmokedHostage said:
RolStoppable said:

Fixed it for you.

Thanks.  I often get those confused.

No problem. Btw, your new Priscilla avatar is cool.

Thanks but now I'm going to try to be more on topic.  If Daigasso! Band Brothers was an excellent game, I think Wii Music is at least going to be decent. 

Pixel Art can be fun.

It will sell but it won't be good.

Around the Network

I'm not even sure it will sell.

However, I'm not a snobby nerdcore gamer, and I'll definitely give it a shot. Some nerds are offended this game even exists, it's pretty funny.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

SHARE!

You guys may not know OR remember this but way back in the days of the NES 1st and Super, Nintendo released a piano (KB) that had software in it to teach piano.

Wii music ALSO has a drum simulator in it that uses 1st person perspective to teach people to play the drums. That is cool. If they are able to do that with other instruments it will be cooler-still. 

It may not be a fun game but it is a medium to teach in a more entertaining way. I think this is what Nintendo want they want to make the Wii a tool as well as a game system.

Like I said on my E3 predictions about the DS, they are going to do the same with the Wii. The Wii wont only be an entertainment system but a WAY OF LIFE. That is why the original plans for the Wii board included a heart monitoring device that would up- load work out information to your doctor and or hospital.

They want it to be a part of life not just a game or a living room appliance.

I want to play it not because its a killer app. but because I might learn something in an easy way. I love Nintendo for this, they have always wanted to be like this and the Wii is the realization.

Just try and understand people or "Core" fans the Wii IS NOT FOR YOU! IT'S FOR EVERYBODY. (Hence the name Wii as in WE not us or them).

then that would be a good thing

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

it maybe fun for people who do air bands....

but it certainly wont be good.

if you want to know what the game is like...
turn on some music
grab a tv remote
wave it around while pressing buttons

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

What if it is fun? But the way that people buy a Wii and throw Wii Bowling parties fun? Or father playing fake instruments with his daughter fun?

What if it's not fun in the "Pwning noobz for teh +1!" type of way?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.