By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I Can Finally Post Here Because....

I purchased a DS along with Final Fantasy 3 and Pheonix Wright!!

I have a 8 hour flight tomorrow to europe and couldn't think of anything better to get to keep me busy and entertained

I've played with it for about 20 minutes and so far I'm actually impressed with the quality of the image.. the last handheld I held was the original gameboy.. so yah, it's quite an improvement.

I'm not too big on the pen thing yet and I try not to use it when i don't have too, and I'm also afraid that I'll lose the pen.

Anyways, I'll be away for 3 weeks.. visiting family and playing DS on the long trips.

Cya!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

The DS comes with two styluses (stylii) so you can afford to lose one

Your DS will last about 16 hours with a full charge, so yeah, happy gaming on your flight!

You might also want to invest in a DS USB charger cable since Europe has so many funky plugs your original DS charger may not fit the local socket. USBs at least are universal, and they are also fast in charging the battery - and of course, you can find USB-equipped computers everywhere!

gebx said:

I purchased a DS along with Final Fantasy 3 and Pheonix Wright!!

I have a 8 hour flight tomorrow to europe and couldn't think of anything better to get to keep me busy and entertained

I've played with it for about 20 minutes and so far I'm actually impressed with the quality of the image.. the last handheld I held was the original gameboy.. so yah, it's quite an improvement.

I'm not too big on the pen thing yet and I try not to use it when i don't have too, and I'm also afraid that I'll lose the pen.

Anyways, I'll be away for 3 weeks.. visiting family and playing DS on the long trips.

Cya!

Have a nice trip. Also those two games don't use the stylus much so you don't need to worry :)

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Yea it took me awhile to get used to the stylus in certain games. Some use it well, some don't. I played FF3 and Children of Mana without using it at all, it just didn't really add anything. The pseudo-analog touch screen controls in Mario 64 were very interesting though. And of course the casual/puzzle games the touch controls feel very natural and easy most of the time. Never played Phoenix Wright.

The last trial in Phoenix Wright can take about 8 hours to solve.

Around the Network

Actually, you can play Phoenix Wright either completely with or completely without the stylus. I prefer the stylus, probably because it's similar to using a mouse. It just feels like the right way to play an text adventure game. I'm a huge fan of the old Lucasarts and Sierra adventure games, so I guess that's just my style.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

DonWii said:
The last trial in Phoenix Wright can take about 8 hours to solve.

Nice. But, yes enjoy your system. The DS has a wide veriety of games so you should be fine. You'll get use to it. It is a tad odd at first.

If your not sure about the stylus yet. Get Meteos. It's one of the most intense puzzle games out there, and it'll have you stylusing like a pro in no time (you can also play it without the stylus, but it's as impossible as it is unfun)

Enjoy your DS. You will have many wonderful discoveries on it.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
If your not sure about the stylus yet. Get Meteos. It's one of the most intense puzzle games out there, and it'll have you stylusing like a pro in no time (you can also play it without the stylus, but it's as impossible as it is unfun)

Enjoy your DS. You will have many wonderful discoveries on it.

Meteos is definitely an underrated game, but I have on for you that's even better and use the stylus a lot as well:

Planet Puzzle League. Best puzzle game on the DS as far as I know and works perfectly with the stylus.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I would get Planet Puzzle League, but it just isnt worth the $30 price for me. I tried the demo, and I know I will like it, but I am not paying more than $20 for it.