By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bought a 60 gig, am I an idiot?

I came across someone that was letting go their lightly used (around 10 hours) PS3 60 gig for $450 flat.

Truth be told I bought one for 3 reasons

1) Full BC

2)Possibly no BC in future models (software emu may happen in the future)

3)Future resale value

Now missing from that list is games and Blu Ray, because outside of Warhawk, I dont have any desire to buy any other games for the system now or in the future (I will rent Uncharted, LBP though). I kind of feel buyers remorse already, but am happy to be able to play my old PS1/2 favorites upscaled. Im I an idiot for buying a PS3 at that price?

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

Yes, you should have bought the Metal Gear Bundle. It's $499 with BC

Bundled Playstation 3 Includes

• 80GB Hard Drive
  • Voucher for a free download of the Pain minigame from the PlayStation Store
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots game included
  • Dualshock 3 Rumble Wireless Controller

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

You're not a fool, but for what you spent, I got an 80-gig, a $100 gift card from Wal-mart, and Metal Gear Solid 4. You probably should've haggled the price a little, but the console itself is a solid buy.

No. You're not. You got full BC. I want that. T_T

80gb has like, 70% BC.

It was an ok deal, I want a 60gb, I have an 80gb but It doesnt have the 99% bc more like 78%.

^_^

Around the Network

Yes your an idiot for not wanting to buy any other games...

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.

A bit silly if you don't want any games apart from Warhawk. How can you not like any other games on the PS3? Do you have a gaming PC or a 360?

tombi123 said:
A bit silly if you don't want any games apart from Warhawk. How can you not like any other games on the PS3? Do you have a gaming PC or a 360?

I was the same way. I didn't want to get a PS3 until FFXIII came out. But when they discontinued the 60gigs, I bought one because I wanted full backwards compatibility.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

if it makes you feel better my 60gb was $600 including taxes with no games.

$450 is resonable if it was really only used for a few hours, but I would of tried to get it for $400.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

it's a nice deal dude ,, full BC and 60 gig ,, i envy u ;)