By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Afrika Renamed Hakuna Matata Outside Of Japan

They want this to be casual oriented, hence the name.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I'm guessing you didn't like my magic trick. Why so serious. No need to be displeased Mr. Overly Defensive. I've nothing left to say in this argument simply because ya didn't even comment on it to begins with so why continue it. So I thought humoring ya would be better. But your just way to worked up... or a stick in your ass whichever works.

But before the officers come in I must say I'd rather the name be Afrika but as long as its a good game I can deal with this one.

Afrika is waaay better.

But it's strange that this game has been kept in the shadows for long time and suddenly they are going to release it without any promotion?

Is it really going out in one month?

End of Year prediction:

wii: 37 m

360: 24 m

PS3: 20 m

thetonestarr said:

Hahahaha. "Hakuna matata" is Swahili for "There are no worries". How can you copyright that?

O SRY GUIZ U CAN'T SAY "THERE ARE NO WORRIES" N E MOR. I HAS COPYRITE.

Good post that one. I have to say bro, I agree with you 100%.

Zucas you did say that there would be copyright issues with using the phrase 'Hakuna Matata' coz Disney owns a song with a title having the same phrase. I don't think there ever will be any problem like that. Well if we are living in a any sort of a sane world that is.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

But the name is a Disney copyright not?

Hakuna Matata is a Swahili phrase for "no worries" or something like that. If Disney can copyright this because they had a song in one of their movies then you cannot help modern society anymore.

Around the Network

@Zucas why are you always so insulting when you are clearly wrong? Chill out brother Hakuna Matata

The title is kind of misleading, this is only the Asian version, and there is still no word on a US/PAL version.

kingofwale said:
PLEASE tell me this a joke.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is the dumbest change of name since... Zack and Wiki

Isn't this game based on Pokemon Snap?

You realize that you, along with most other HD gamers, and indeed people in the world, judge books by their cover.

You'll never know how amazing it feels to have a complete mastery over the human psyche. You never generalize, and can see behaviour for what it really is. Natural instinct.

For instance, our tendency to want to choose sides is based off our natural animal instinct. Indecisive creatures have never lasted long. Our fanboyism is based off of our natural instincts.

Our tendance to share opinions, our generalization and craving of others opinions is based off our natural pack instincts. Humans are a pack animal. They need to be social to mate, find food, and build shelters. Therefore any thoughtful attempts to seperate ourselves from the pack are countered by our own "embarassment" which is simply a small synapse fired by our our brain telling us "don't do that again, agree with everyone, stay with the pack."

When you understand these motivations, you can see how exactly judging a book by its cover is not only completely in line with human nature, but usually runs contrary to actuality. We can judge if a buffalo is good to eat by seeing it in the brush. We can't judge if a game is good or not, by hearing the name.

Example: I bet you think Pokemon snap sucks. Hearing the name "Pokemon" instantly alienates and generalizes the game for you. I bet you thought that me saying Afrika was based on Pokemon Snap was an insult to Afrika and its fans. However, I believe that Pokemon Snap is one of the best N64 games, and in actuality, I gave the game a compliment.

However you already knew all of this, or at least had an idea. You eluded to it with your Zack and Wiki comment.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

hakuna matata only the asian version? i hope its the american versions name aswell i like the name plus its one of the games i'm going to get when i get a ps3