By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Afrika Renamed Hakuna Matata Outside Of Japan

thetonestarr said:
Fanboys? Hahaha, go into my profile and pay attention to what I own, eh? Way to speak way too quickly.

You said in your post, "Disney has to have copyrights to that song and the title".

The title is a common Swahili phrase. They cannot have a copyright on it.

Then stop acting like one if ya don't want anyone to call ya one.  Fanboys freak and that's what your doing.  And who says I was calling you a Sony fanboy.

Well if ya copyright the song your going to copyright the title.  And I'm 100% sure you can copyright music.  Ya know its the reason you can't go on the internet upload the song you just bought of a CD label it the exact same name and sell it to people. 

Now stop giving yourself panic attacks and understand obviously this doesn't infringe anything mainly because its not a song and they can still use the phrase as long as the musical aspect isn't there.  It's obvious Disney didn't trademark the phrase.

Around the Network

I would pay to have sat on the meeting when they decided that "Hakuna Matata" is a much better name than Afrika outside of OF japan. What are these drinking over there?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

How would you even play this game?
OT: Afrika sounds wayyy better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

People are just going to live past the name because the title still looks pretty cool. I mean let it make ya think of the song which was awesome.

It's always easy to bypass copyrights. The only thing you need to do is change the color and the letter K.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
Godot said:

It's always easy to bypass copyrights. The only thing you need to do is change the color and the letter K.

Haha oh Disney and their copies haha.

I never freaked. Just because people are being ridiculously naive and I'm proving how foolish they are doesn't mean I'm "freaking". One short sentence in caps means it needs emphasis, not that I'm trying to yell at you. You're taking this way too personally.

And for Pete's sake, you need to learn to understand the legal system. There's a reason you can do search for a song title and come up with a whole mess of different songs by different authors. Yes, you can copyright music. Just like you can copyright a book, a movie, a piece of art. But the title has to be uniquely descriptive of that work (see: a phrase/word derivative from that work, nonexistent prior to that work's creation) before the title can be "your" title.

SW-5120-1900-6153

hmmm i guess i'm the only one that likes the name

thetonestarr said:
I never freaked. Just because people are being ridiculously naive and I'm proving how foolish they are doesn't mean I'm "freaking". One short sentence in caps means it needs emphasis, not that I'm trying to yell at you. You're taking this way too personally.

And for Pete's sake, you need to learn to understand the legal system. There's a reason you can do search for a song title and come up with a whole mess of different songs by different authors. Yes, you can copyright music. Just like you can copyright a book, a movie, a piece of art. But the title has to be uniquely descriptive of that work (see: a phrase/word derivative from that work, nonexistent prior to that work's creation) before the title can be "your" title.

Oh getting feist.  I like that.  And yes I know there are many ways around copyrights.  But your not even listening ot what I'm saying becuase if ya were you would know in no way am I suggesting the name of this game is affecting any existing copyrights Disney might have.  But your head is so full of air I'm surprised anything can get in there.  Maybe I should pop it.  Hmm how about a magic trick:

See, and now you're resorting to insults. Clearly taking it personally. Calm down, dude. Seriously. I never meant anything personal about it. And yes, you pretty much said it affects Disney copyrights by saying you're certain Disney has a copyright on that title. Maybe you didn't mean that, but what you mean to say and what you actually say are two very different things.

SW-5120-1900-6153