By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LucasArts - Wii Lightsaber Game

In response to a question from session moderator N'Gai Croal of Newsweek asking: "What would it take to make a lightsaber game for the Wii?", Ward, who is President of LucasArts and a Senior VP at Lucasfilm, commented:

"We’re all over that, and internally we have already played a lightsaber game on the Wii. It’s a lot of fun, and we’ll get there."

Full story here:
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14500

Around the Network

They are really making it!!! That's all the news I need to read tonight. Seriously, that's it for me. I'll wait as long as it takes.

This is huge. If a cheap plastic toy with crappy game can sell, I can't imagine what a polished game with solid controls will sell. People have been waiting decades for such a game.

My fear is that even if they release a quality game...it might not have exactly what everyone specifically wants, and it'll get shot down...I sure hope not.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Even if they just took KOTOR and added motion controls, it would be a lot more fun.

Around the Network

Starwars was made for Wii.

There could never be a more perfect pair.

This sounds great. It better be close to one to one movement. with motion gestures to use force. Crap this will be good.

hopefully, they'd include that zing zing sound to the wiimote... now, it just need a... strap on

Don't get overly excited, he may very well be talking about the Lego game.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

Possibly.

I'll hope for a Jedi Knight 4 though, if you don't mind. ;)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.