By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why is folksoul doing bad?

naznatips said:
outlawauron said:
Well, being that this is a JRPG and crap like Musou Orochi can sell 300,000+ units.

This should be doing better.

You are talking about a PS2 game. The PS2 and the PS3 are nothing alike in Japan. The PS2 was eaten up, the PS3 is being... well... ignored.

I think he meant to say Gundam Musou, which has sold close to 300k on the PS3.

Around the Network

folkssoul is a nothing name in japan, musou is a huge name.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

oh, and so is gundam

The video you posted of the game makes it look boring... reminds me of a few PS1 openers... been there done that I guess?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Gotta wonder if the sales for this game are gonna affect another major Japanese RPG that is coming out? FF13 Wii anyone?? Its got severely reduced graphics. :)

Seriously though, there is a good chance SE will react to this in regards to FF13.

Around the Network

virtua fighter series went from 750k on ps2 to 80k on PS3, ridge racer is the same story. It's not that the hardcore gamers have gone away, it's just that PS3 is getting ignored.

no, FF13 will be on PS3, perhaps it will come to 360 eventually, but folkssoul will not affect their decision.

Hey actually I have some good news for you guys, on Folksouls popularity.

According to my calculations, 1.74% of PS3 owners in Japan purchased Folksoul in the first week!
And, only 1.73% of DS owners purchased Zelda: Phantom Hourglass in the first week!

Does this mean Folksoul is more popular than Zelda in Japan? You decide!

HappySqurriel said:

The 10 second answer is "it was released on the wrong system"

The same game that would sell 1 Million copies on the PS2 or Nintendo DS can not sell well on the PS3 because there is far too little interest in the platform.

thats crap and we all know it.

Resistance did 120k in sales and its a freaking shooter, 12% attachment rate. 

Not every game can be a hit, Falksoul is a good game but its nothing expetional. 

DarkD said:
Gotta wonder if the sales for this game are gonna affect another major Japanese RPG that is coming out? FF13 Wii anyone?? Its got severely reduced graphics. :)

Seriously though, there is a good chance SE will react to this in regards to FF13.

Folksoul action/RPG doesn't effect FF XIII coming to PS3.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!