By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why is folksoul doing bad?

"Cause retailers didn't have faith in the game. According to VGC, it sold through 85% of its 20k retailer pre-orders, and many shops sold out."

==> if it is the case then the sales will improve the 2nd/3rd week when others copies will be avaible .
I personnaly doubt that this will be the case .. wait & see.

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Celb said:
Main character is English.
Has a dark feel not a over cutesy jay we made it type japanyse crap (FF9 Trusty bell).
Not much faith behind the devs.
JDM market is changing.

That is also why the game is a complete turn off to me, because of the English voices (Japanese are much, much better!) and since I love the typical Japanese RPG games, this is really a "non" JRPG. If it turns out that way, then these kind of games wouldn't interest me no longer. Trusty Bell Japanese crap? It's one of the first 360 games which almost made me to purchase a 360!

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

several reasons:

- in Japan gaming is shifting from home consoles to handheld based
- japanese gamers are more intererted in mini-games and training games (essentially mini-games aswell) nowadays , therefore:
- only well known franchises of long , story based games still sell (or games by well-known producers) , while new ips are being ignored
- the PS3 doesn't seem to appeal to japanese customers

Yes PS3 really only seem to appeal to a small group. No surprise its doing poorly in Japan where small, convenient and portable is the key to success. I feel sorry for gamers who wan't to play games that are trapped on PS3.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

Ackmed Tepish said:
Yes PS3 really only seem to appeal to a small group. No surprise its doing poorly in Japan where small, convenient and portable is the key to success. I feel sorry for gamers who wan't to play games that are trapped on PS3.

games are trapped on PS3, nice troll job.

Around the Network

The main reason I think is because it's not a traditional JRPG. It's not turn based and it's more action/RPG than RPG. When I first played the demo I thought this would turn off some Japanese from buying it.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

because the retailers dont want to lose many money, and dont take big risks, if the retailers put 500,000 software of one title in the stores and only sold 100,000 in the lifetime of the game is a very big lost, only big preorders push a new franchise.

Plenty of "good games" sell poorly, you have a no name game, on a poor selling system. I honestly think the ps3 needs a jump start before people start buying New IPs. Honestly would you buy a 600 dollar system based on a nice looking new IP? No. You buy it for the big exciting sequals your looking forward to, or you buy it for a ton of great games, which is also not available as of yet. Or you buy it for the blu-ray but if you do that your not really that interested in the games from the get go.

ckmlb said:
Dolla Dolla said:
Cause retailers didn't have faith in the game. According to VGC, it sold through 85% of its 20k retailer pre-orders, and many shops sold out.

Bingo. Supply constrained apparently.

Yeah... LOL You'd want that wouldn't you ... Fans and their excuses

THE NETHERLANDS

z64dan said:

Hey actually I have some good news for you guys, on Folksouls popularity.

According to my calculations, 1.74% of PS3 owners in Japan purchased Folksoul in the first week!
And, only 1.73% of DS owners purchased Zelda: Phantom Hourglass in the first week!

Does this mean Folksoul is more popular than Zelda in Japan? You decide!

That makes NO sense. The DS has sold 17 million units+, the PS3 hasn't even broken 1 million yet! That's like comparing 2% of 100 which is 2 and 1% of 10,000 which is 100. See the difference?