By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: Xbox 360 Games Could Benefit from PlayStation 3

HanzoTheRazor said:
It is already starting to happen. Dead Space, Mirrors Edge and others are on their way. These 2 games are going to be interesting to watch too.

Think about this, M$ will release a new platform early and before they do, I would assume that the PS3 will be in overdrive and be the lead platform for most studios. So, it will kinder be like the old PS2/Xbox days of all ports to the Xbox from the PS2 when the new Xbox gets releaseed. Yeh... IMO the new Xbox would be getting all the ports from the PS3, as the PS3 will no doubt be easier at that time to work with than the new Xbox and safer too.

Big risk these early HW releases. At least SONY'S method is tried and true and Nintendo just never really pushes HW tech, so they are safe.

I think right now we are seeing the most interesting time for gaming, best... maybe not, but very interesting indeed.

some interesting pointers there!

best bet is to see how things pan out during 2009

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Hus said:

Any one with any subjectivity can see K2 looks far better, 360 would meltdown trying to run it.

Far cry beats K2 LMFAO that is simply priceless, only on vg.

In no way am I saying KZ2 graphics are bad because they are great. But your fanboy vision is certainly clouding if you think the 360 footage of Far Cry 2 (and it will be as good on PS3 when we see it being played to) is not ahead of KZ2.

Seriously there is a point where you have to give. KZ2 looked the best for ages. But Cry Tek Engine 2 is better.

I'm not sure anyone got the point of the topic -_-; All's well that ends well though, the thread probably turned out more interesting this way :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Jo21 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Actually, most developers would be smart to start on the PC version and port to console.

Capcom and Square Enix have already started doing it, and I bet other companies are doing it, too.

100% of the games are made on pc the ported to the console.

it's not that they made pc version and never release it and port it to console

but rather they make a pc engine and start making it work working at the console, soon after.

killzone 2 was made on  pc, but its getting benefit for being on the ps3 only because they can cut glitches in the making and not worrying later if the code will work later.

No, I'm talking about something different where the games are made for the PC, and can be played on the PC, and then they get ported to console at a certain point, so they can be finished up for console and then get released. Sometimes, after they've finished the console versions, the go and finish the PC versions and release that later (DMC4), or they release them at the same time (CoD4).

Bethesda use Xbox 360 as main development platform for Fallout 3
http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/bethesda-why-we-prefer-the-xbox-439961

Different companies use different approach for thier games.

Around the Network

LOL THE BEST PS3 GAME IS LAIR AND THAT'S SHIT , WE DON'T NEED THE PS3.

HanzoTheRazor said:
It is already starting to happen. Dead Space, Mirrors Edge and others are on their way. These 2 games are going to be interesting to watch too.

Think about this, M$ will release a new platform early and before they do, I would assume that the PS3 will be in overdrive and be the lead platform for most studios. So, it will kinder be like the old PS2/Xbox days of all ports to the Xbox from the PS2 when the new Xbox gets releaseed. Yeh... IMO the new Xbox would be getting all the ports from the PS3, as the PS3 will no doubt be easier at that time to work with than the new Xbox and safer too.

Big risk these early HW releases. At least SONY'S method is tried and true and Nintendo just never really pushes HW tech, so they are safe.

I think right now we are seeing the most interesting time for gaming, best... maybe not, but very interesting indeed.

With the first bolded part:

The new xbox wouldn't be getting ports from the PS3, if anything PS3 will get the watered down ports of that xbox's games. Companies don't release new consoles for the sake of it, a new console would have to have enough new tech to make the upgrade to "next-gen" worth it. It would not be a viable option to port PS3 games onto that (or even the eventual PS4) because they'd all be last-gen graphics. I think you're overestimating the PS3's graphical capability here, it's like, there is no NES game comparable to SNES in terms of graphics, no SNES comparable to a N64/PS1 game in graphics and it goes on down the line.

Aside from re-releasing classics, You've never seen the SNES get NES ports, never seen PS1/N64 get SNES ports, never seen PS2/Xbox get PS1/N64 ports, why would they start porting last gen games onto a next generation system unless they were monster hits?

With the second bolded part:

I'm pretty sure N64 was the most powerful console of it's generation and the gamecube was more powerful then the PS2. Also, it wasn't a "big risk" with early hardware releases, because they got a year head start on the competition and sony was stuck lamenting their decision to let MS get into the market when it did so well at keeping it out last gen. The only problem was they dropped xbox support completely and that really wasn't their fault.

Putting it simply: If you're getting your ass kicked by a console that launched a year earlier (PS2 in 00 and xbox in 01), would you not, in the next generation, want to reverse that by geting in first?