By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: Xbox 360 Games Could Benefit from PlayStation 3

The only people that have been saying that the PS3 will become the lead platform of choice for 3rd party devs is Sony execs.

Fact of the matter is, most games will continue to be developed on the PC and 360 first and then ported over. The 360 is clearly the easier of the two platforms to develop on (mostly due to all the devs using Unreal Engine 3).

Sony had a deal in place with Epic to optimize the engine for the PS3, but it turns out that was mostly smoke in the wind.

Around the Network
Menago KF said:
It would make sense if Sony actually showed us games that are far away from xbox games any terms. Remember when fanboys would say that FF13 would never run on the xbox360 because it would be a too high tech game?

It's simple. Show proof for such theories, or it just will not happen.

they are going to compress it for the xbox360.... it will run but nobody knows how.

but i'm sure textures and audio will suffer from it.

SamuelRSmith said:
Actually, most developers would be smart to start on the PC version and port to console.

Capcom and Square Enix have already started doing it, and I bet other companies are doing it, too.

100% of the games are made on pc the ported to the console.

it's not that they made pc version and never release it and port it to console

but rather they make a pc engine and start making it work working at the console, soon after.

killzone 2 was made on  pc, but its getting benefit for being on the ps3 only because they can cut glitches in the making and not worrying later if the code will work later.

AnarchyWest said:
NNN2004 said:
AnarchyWest said:
Dead Space is another EA lead on PS3

which time dead space will come ?

i don't know what exactly your trying to say but it has a October release date as of now

thnx .. i know i spell it wrong lol .. dmn i should improve my english

Jo21 said:
Menago KF said:
It would make sense if Sony actually showed us games that are far away from xbox games any terms. Remember when fanboys would say that FF13 would never run on the xbox360 because it would be a too high tech game?

It's simple. Show proof for such theories, or it just will not happen.

they are going to compress it for the xbox360.... it will run but nobody knows how.

but i'm sure textures and audio will suffer from it.

Sure that if they compress things to make the game fit on one disc, the loss of quality will be visible. What you are not mentioning, is that technology has progressed far enough to allow us to compress audio/video without losing any quality of the uncompressed original.

Someone from vgchartz already posted this in one of the many ff13 threads, add to that that he has proof behind him on this one.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Around the Network
Hus said:

Any one with any subjectivity can see K2 looks far better, 360 would meltdown trying to run it.

Far cry beats K2 LMFAO that is simply priceless, only on vg.

Tell me, do you know the definition of subjectivity?

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

AnarchyWest said:
Dead Space is another EA lead on PS3

"Right now we're leading and building and doing everything on the 360. Pretty soon in a month or two we will switch and lead on the PS3. That is so that you're not downgrading the PS3 later. We're putting all our engineering muscle into making the PS3 great, and then we'll know that the 360 will be great.

"The plan has to be, and it will be, on parity with the 360. Sony has seen the game so they know that that's what they want out of us. But I can absolutely assure you that the PS3 and the 360 will be the same. We're not going to gimp the 360 because the PS3 can't do it. We're going to optimise the crap out of it and make the PS3 really good, sort of like Burnout."

http://ps3.psu.com/PS3-Dead-Space-to-be-on-par-with-360-News--a2669-p0.php

Hmmm ... so 360 can handle everything that PS3 can!?

Yeah...so PS3 owners can finally start enjoying this generations games. I believe in sharing, and this is a good thing...but if you're trying to develop for a lower cost, it's going to be 360 first...make some money, and port to PS3.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

That makes good sense. It also explains how the PS3 is better than the 360 :).

It is already starting to happen. Dead Space, Mirrors Edge and others are on their way. These 2 games are going to be interesting to watch too.

Think about this, M$ will release a new platform early and before they do, I would assume that the PS3 will be in overdrive and be the lead platform for most studios. So, it will kinder be like the old PS2/Xbox days of all ports to the Xbox from the PS2 when the new Xbox gets releaseed. Yeh... IMO the new Xbox would be getting all the ports from the PS3, as the PS3 will no doubt be easier at that time to work with than the new Xbox and safer too.

Big risk these early HW releases. At least SONY'S method is tried and true and Nintendo just never really pushes HW tech, so they are safe.

I think right now we are seeing the most interesting time for gaming, best... maybe not, but very interesting indeed.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD