By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Leo-J: 'ps3-19-23mllion(will not go below 120k WW any week in 08)'

steven787 said:
I think he deserves credit for being so close so far.

For the record I agree, and I was one of the main detractors when he actually made the prediction.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Gearbox said:
OMG you do know that vgchartz doesnt not track the entire world right... They most likly sold over 120k this week we just don't see it!

So that means that the Wii could be over 31 millions right now???? j/k

The prediction is based on the numbers of this site, and by the numbers of this site the prediction is wrong...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Did the Wii go up in price or is it still $250? I Saw it for $300 on Amazon.

Sqrl said:
steven787 said:

For the record I agree, and I was one of the main detractors when he actually made the prediction.

I'm really actually torn about Leo, I have always tried to like him because he's not a complete moron like most fanboys.  He actually has a lot of promise as a poster if he would just get over his biases - for every good post he has a really bad post.

Leo is what I might have been if I cared about the "console wars" and all that.

Of course I gave up hope after he still denied my PS3 ownership after my series of photos of me with my PS3 at my house with a sign for Leo and pics of me trading it in.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Sqrl said:
steven787 said:

seconded. Looking at last year, I would have never believed the PS3 would recover as much as it has.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network
Retrasado said:
Sqrl said:
steven787 said:

seconded. Looking at last year, I would have never believed the PS3 would recover as much as it has.

Thirded. Leo-J has for 7 full months been correct with a perdiction that most people laughed at him for, and has once been wrong during a period where 100% of Sony's systems are being fazed out and a major AAA title still sitting there getting people to buy units.

If anyone in this thread has shown epic fail its Zen and Neos. To even say someone predicting something 8 months ago and is off by less than 2,000 one week just failed epically, is in its own right, an epic fail. Especially a Sophomore in High School with no formal training in Economics or Statistics or Analysm.

I privately pray that ioi adjusts the numbers up the couple thousand they need to bring the PS3 to 120,000 just so we can all link to Their posts.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Luckily for me, I will not have made any inaccurate predictions to be proven right or wrong. Particularly with absolutes that are based around the console I am a fanboy of, like Leo-J did. A lot of you might not remember some of his other predictions, like how the Wii would die on several occasions or how the PS3 would tell a ton of units by December, while the Wii barely would have moved any.

I would hope that threads like this serve the purpose of discouraging others from doing those same things.

As for "linking to my post to shame me" I stated clearly that the numbers could be adjusted. I said it first, actually, once we realized that the prediction was initially wrong. Until that happens, Leo-J made a fanboy prediction, it was wrong so far. I'm not gonna act like it didn't happen because other fanboys are testy. If I let him slide this time, then I gotta let Crazzy slide next time. It's the princible of the thing.

As for making predictions based on hope instead of intelligent thought, and claiming things like GTA4 would be the death of the Wii, and even for getting lucky and having some of them come true:

Now stay on topic, please. Keep it about Leo-J's prediction, and not about me personally.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Luckily for me, I will not have made any inaccurate predictions to be proven right or wrong. Particularly with absolutes that are based around the console I am a fanboy of, like Leo-J did. A lot of you might not remember some of his other predictions, like how the Wii would die on several occasions or how the PS3 would tell a ton of units by December, while the Wii barely would have moved any.

I would hope that threads like this serve the purpose of discouraging others from doing those same things.

As for "linking to my post to shame me" I stated clearly that the numbers could be adjusted. I said it first, actually, once we realized that the prediction was initially wrong. Until that happens, Leo-J made a fanboy prediction, it was wrong so far. I'm not gonna act like it didn't happen because other fanboys are testy. If I let him slide this time, then I gotta let Crazzy slide next time. It's the princible of the thing.

As for making predictions based on hope instead of intelligent thought, and claiming things like GTA4 would be the death of the Wii, and even for getting lucky and having some of them come true:

Now stay on topic, please. Keep it about Leo-J's prediction, and not about me personally.

Don't you mean "principle?" I know Leo-j was a fanboy...but putting that 120,000 a week predicition on the same scale as crazzy's predictions is just...well...apologies in advance to whoever I stole this from...crazzy.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

DMeisterJ said:
cdude1034 said:
DMeisterJ said:
So it'll be cool when I make this thread at the end of the year when John Lucas' 60 million Wii's sold by 08 doesn't come true?

Why not?

Why not? 

Because it's tasteless.

Peoples predictions are wrong all the time. 

Who care enough to make a thread to prove someone wrong? 

Are we all in middle school now? 

Someone's wrong and we laugh at them?

Maybe maturity and taste are handled differently by different people, but I fail to see the point in this thread.

Please don't act all high and mighty. Even though I do agree to an extent, I have seen you slander your fair share of people for saying the wrong things. So hold off on the "i'm super righteous and you aren't" BS.

Thanks.

Just kiss the tip.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Luckily for me, I will not have made any inaccurate predictions to be proven right or wrong. Particularly with absolutes that are based around the console I am a fanboy of, like Leo-J did. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ok I wasn't going to do it, but this sentence has forced me to do it. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=596220 

"I predict that Brawl will easily sell 1m in others on week one" 

"In my personal opinion, Brawl will likely outsell its American debut, in Others, and yea, I'm serious." 

Actual SSBB others opening week: 300K 

EPIC FAIL.