By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Leo-J: 'ps3-19-23mllion(will not go below 120k WW any week in 08)'

why are people freaking out over this thread?

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network
shams said:
1/ Agree with Sqrl, nothing "terrible" about this thread.

2/ Good chance PS3 will break 14k in Japan, it did do 11k last week - and two big releases this week.

3/ 20m for the PS3 end of '08 was never outlandish, and was quite reasonable. The same can't be said of the people predicting 30-32m for the Wii by the end of the year...

Name dropping/ calling users out while the user is not present is against the forum rules - naznatips and DKII themselves.

come on mod staff your inconsistencies are a joke.

How can you ban one user for it but not a well established sarcastic troll for it.

LOL MATURE said:
shams said:
1/ Agree with Sqrl, nothing "terrible" about this thread.

2/ Good chance PS3 will break 14k in Japan, it did do 11k last week - and two big releases this week.

3/ 20m for the PS3 end of '08 was never outlandish, and was quite reasonable. The same can't be said of the people predicting 30-32m for the Wii by the end of the year...

Name dropping/ calling users out while the user is not present is against the forum rules - naznatips and DKII themselves.

come on mod staff your inconsistencies are a joke.

How can you ban one user for it but not a well established sarcastic troll for it.

Welcome to VGCHARTZ they always have had a mod problem.

While the weekly predictions are wrong, the overall 20 million for the end of the year is possible... no........ it will be true!.

Retrasado said:
why are people PS3 fanboys freaking out over this thread?

Fixed that for ya.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Retrasado said:

Fixed that for ya.

Wow Zen.  You've shown me your maturity level with that bull-sh-t "fix'd"-ing right there.

:'(

ZenfoldorVGI said:

When people make arrogant fanheavy predictions with stated absolutes and they are proven wrong, they deserve to have those predictions brought back up when they are proven wrong.

When you make a prediction, you aren't just stating an opinion, you're entering a poll. Afterall, the only thing that matters on the internet anymore is general concensus, and when you create an artificial stance, you can't just be let off clean.

The problem is that this is a very good prediction...  Like I said before the majority of the forum members have worse predictions that didn't came out...  If Leo-J made that statement a year ago people would have called him an idiot for that.   And one thing I don't want is hundreds of threads about members who's predictions are wrong...  Heck we could have made threads like this about TheSource predictions you know...

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Retrasado said:

Fixed that for ya.

i think youre missing the point with peoples problems. There is or at least was a crow eating thread for predictions since predictions are a big part of this forum..

However, as demonstrated constantly by the mods they have no idea how to monitor a forum by allowing threads calling users out to be created. So gather up the troops call us all fanboys and tell us to not post here, but it still doesnt change the fact this is the only active website and I and others surely enjoy some of the posters here and will not let the terrible modding and sour apples ruin that for us.

So there you have it, call me a fanboy for disagreeing with the legitmacy of this thread. Put your foot in your mouth. And this is coming from someone who doesnt even enjoy LEO-J's contributions.

konnichiwa said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

When people make arrogant fanheavy predictions with stated absolutes and they are proven wrong, they deserve to have those predictions brought back up when they are proven wrong.

When you make a prediction, you aren't just stating an opinion, you're entering a poll. Afterall, the only thing that matters on the internet anymore is general concensus, and when you create an artificial stance, you can't just be let off clean.

The problem is that this is a very good prediction... Like I said before the majority of the forum members have worse predictions that didn't came out... If Leo-J made that statement a year ago people would have called him an idiot for that. And one thing I don't want is hundreds of threads about members who's predictions are wrong... Heck we could have made threads like this about TheSource predictions you know...

I would almost bet my first born that if someone went through the anals of this forum and found a mods prediction and word for word copied Neos post it would be locked and user either warned or banned on the spot.....in fact.......

@stever~: Well, the problem is that Leo-J created threads to show everyone about his ridiculous predictions. I havent seen any mod creating a new thread to post an ilogical and biased prediction yet.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies