By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony's Q1 Shipment Numbers In

Apparently PS3's are getting kind of rare on shelves. Good for Sony.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network

still 440k is a very small number for PS3s on shelves worldwide. Probably slightly overtracked.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Ok now people can stop complaining about PS3 being undertracked. Specially Diomedes and Crazzyman.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

SpartanFX said:

hey I just checked and VGC has it for 13.97 Vs 14.41 shipped(same period)which is around half a million.

here we go:(LTD sold according to VGC till june 28 ,2008) it's 13.97 and not 14.147 that fishy joe stated,,

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=38599&end=39628&weekly=1

So are you're trying to point out that it's somewhere in between since that data doesn't include 2 days, yet Fishy's number includes 5 extra days?

I could be way off the ball here, but I'd say the numbers were probably closer to reality before they were adjusted upwards recently.

EDIT:  But as the numbers are very close, I think the PR team should right up a nice article so we can digg the crap out of it.

Hmm - 54 million profit and 22 million pieces of software sold is good. That puts PS3 at ~90 million software sold - which is an attach rate of 6.3 which is pretty good.

and go PSP hardware sales !

Around the Network

I thought everyone was sleeping, so I took the liberty to post a news item with the financial results before I saw this thread!

It should appear in the frontpage soon, but here it is:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1592

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

FishyJoe said:

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/08q1_eleki.pdf

Shipments from April 1, 2008 to June 30, 2008

PS3: 1.56m

PSP: 3.72m

PS2: 1.51m

That makes PS3 LTD as of June 30, 2008 to 14.41m. That is shipped to retailer.

VGC's PS3 LTD is 14.141m from the July 4, 2008 weekly number. That is sold to consumer.

The difference is 269k.

Now who's claiming VGC is undertracking the PS3???

Are you blind??

It IS being undertracked by 269k, you quoted it yourself for **** sake!

400k difference.

What was the 360 difference?

DTG said:
FishyJoe said:

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/08q1_eleki.pdf

Shipments from April 1, 2008 to June 30, 2008

PS3: 1.56m

PSP: 3.72m

PS2: 1.51m

That makes PS3 LTD as of June 30, 2008 to 14.41m. That is shipped to retailer.

VGC's PS3 LTD is 14.141m from the July 4, 2008 weekly number. That is sold to consumer.

The difference is 269k.

Now who's claiming VGC is undertracking the PS3???

Are you blind??

shipped to retailer is not same as sold to customers which is what VG tracks,,,but 14.14 is not right,,vgc has it for 13.97 Vs 14.41 shipped according to sony

DTG said:

Are you blind??

No, the difference is what would be on retailers' shelves, shipment trucks/ships, etc. If anything, the PS3 seems overtracked because the difference used to be bigger (near 1 million). The PS3 could be overtracked by a few hundred thousand units.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957