By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ted Price: "We've really upped the gore."

I think adding gore and stuff is FANTASTIC for this particular franchise. The game seems to really set it'self from the rest of the pack by including a huge assortment of unique weapons and such. With the added gore, they can add another dimension to the feeling of impact, power, and just general levels of devastation :P

Game's like Halo would have benefited from something like this seeing as how I HATED the shooting mechanics in that game, the guns felt weak, and in a shooter, that's a no-no.

Then like someone mentioned above, Gears of war had some awesome blood effects, but the enemies didn't move O.O;; It felt like you were shooting some sac filled with liquid.

I'm not saying it was the best physics engine ever, but it was obvious from Resistance 1 that it had one. If they up the gore effects, and up the efficiency of they're physics engine, the guns are going to feel better than ever :D And that's quite the accomplishment considering the first game didn't have rumble or gore at the time and STILL felt AMAZING to shoot. They're team is really good with sound effects though, and that always helps.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

They need to go into more detail about how humans become the Chimaera. All we got from the first game was human being dropped into a pod of some sort, squirted with some smoke, and then hey presto, a chimaera is born!

Come on Insomniac, tell us more!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

hanafuda said:
steven787 said:
Bobo012893 said:
deathgod33 said:
is this really what everyone wants these days in a shooter, BLOOD AND GORE??!!.

What else would they want?

Good level design, moving story, character depth and development...

oh and solid gameplay.

(Note: I am not saying anything bad about Resistance, only pointing out some stuff that gamers might want.)

True. Resistance 2 should focus oo more important aspects.

you mean they 60-player mutiplayer that looks awesome, or how about the single player gameplay that looks great?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Q_A_X said:
Rath said:
solojohlo said:
Rath said:

The idea of shooting something and remotely detonating the bullets is stupid in my opinion. That means that the bullet needs to have gunpowder for propulsion, explosives, a detonator and a radio receiver the last three of which need to survive the impact. How big are these bullets?

Did you think anyone seriously cared about this pretty stupid point?

Yes. Yes I do.

And that is coming from a Wii owner, complaining about realism. LMAO.

Look at your own console and its games before you try to discredit others.

Oh I do, I mean how on earth do the fists of the Miis in Wii Sports boxing interact with the Miis? The physics are all wrong!

i challenge anyone to take a look at the psn trailer in hd on well lol psn store it looks amazing.

more blood and guts? yes il take that

roll on the 40 player sniper rifle only 1-shot-kill deathmatches.

resistance 2 is day one purchase for me

i hope you get to fight that giant robot ship in the game, that they show in trailer.

i also want to hear more of the dedicated co-op campan, surely this is a 50gig game.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Rath said:
solojohlo said:
Rath said:

The idea of shooting something and remotely detonating the bullets is stupid in my opinion. That means that the bullet needs to have gunpowder for propulsion, explosives, a detonator and a radio receiver the last three of which need to survive the impact. How big are these bullets?

Yes. Yes I do.

So how does the auger work? Or the bullseye?

Munkeh111 said:
Rath said:
solojohlo said:
Rath said:

Yes. Yes I do.

So how does the auger work? Or the bullseye?

Not to mention that the Auger is getting Xray vision