By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How does the PS3 remain as the only unhacked system? And for how long?

Simple thread, discuss. And please no "What you mean, I hacked that piece a year ago" No proof means your full of it.

B

Around the Network

BD burners are more expensive and BD-Rs aren't widely avalible.

PSN: EDguila

PS3 library:  Motorstorm, Assasin's Creed, Orange Box, Uncharted:DF, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance:FOM, Rachet & Clank Future:ToD,

Near future: Folklore, SOCOM Confrontation, BioShock, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2.

unhacked? I thought plenty of people have hacked it through the HDD?

They already able to make pirate BD disks ,but still too expensive to sale.

They hacked it long time ago, the hack available is mainly for playing backups from your HD.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network
EdGuila said:
BD burners are more expensive and BD-Rs aren't widely avalible.

Although there were ways to use pirated discs on one of the early firmwares, I think this is mostly the reason why we don't see a hacking (pirating) scene on the PS3 like the 360 has.  A lot of the time hacking for homebrew and pirating goes hand in hand (unfortunately), and with Linux (although semi-crippled) available on the console also I doubt there is going to be any sort of hack available on the machine for a while, if ever.

Last gen was great for homebrew, with it running easily on all three consoles (XBMC plus many emulators ftw) - now in the age of constant firmware updates, the best we can get is the Wii homebrew channel (currently in a cat & mouse firmware game with nintendo), and the Linux on 360 hack, which only works on an older firmware revision, and is fairly difficult to pull off from what I remember.

I think it's been hacked but it's just not worth it.

4 ≈ One

im pretty sure it hasnt been hacked yet. from all the research ive done all thats been done to it is people got homebrew and pirated games booted but not playable yet.

B

mr.elite said:
im pretty sure it hasnt been hacked yet. from all the research ive done all thats been done to it is people got homebrew and pirated games booted but not playable yet.

I don't think this has even been done yet.  Of course, you can use homebrew open source software that doesn't require 3D acceleration in Linux, but that's it...

mr.elite said:

I´ve personaly seen it work to play backed up games direcly from the HD.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.