By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm convinced! PS3 has got to be mine! (I'm a big Nintendo fanboy...)

As long as KH comes exclusively for PS3, I´ll be forced to purchase it in some years. I would go for it, but sadly Banjo 3 is only for 360. Though I agree, for now PS3 appeals to a far larger demographic than 360, gamewise.

Around the Network

Plus the added value of seeing those PS1 and PS2 games upscaled .And DVD upscaled to up to 1080p .

Either way you look at it the PS3 is great value for money .

By the way I dont think it will get outdated as a BR player .The Cell and RSX have more processing power than the decoders in the standalone players ,the firmware can keep evolving and it has that Hard Disc that can be used as memory if needed .

doing your best not to get baned wit this thread, so will you troll MS section now ?

Hmm.

I would advice you to buy a PS2 and buy the best games.

How much is the price of a PS2 this days? 100 $?

Games you should try for sure 

Okami = This one for sure
Final Fantasy X
Jak and Daxter
Ratchet and Clank
Tekken 5
Gran Turismo 4
Ico
Shadow of colussus
God of war
Devil May Cry
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid 3

It would be really strange if you don't like any of those games.

redspear said:
Only problem is that by the end of the year Blu-ray players will likely be at 199 or less and HD-DVD players may dip as low as 99.

Personally I had a PS3 it was stolen along with my Wii and I just don't have the desire to pay another 650(with tax) for it. I will wait for it to drop to 300 than I can get FF13, rachet and a couple of other games.

the Wii makes me happy as I look forward to MP3, SSBB, and Fire Emblem and FF:CC and DQ:S and god knowws what else.

You're guesstimates about the prices of BD and HDDVD players are very.... uh, generously low??? I don't think we'll see prices anywhere near this for AT LEAST one more year(from November) You do realise that the blue diode lasers are still around $100.

Back on topic, I was gonna ask if you had an HDTV as well?

Around the Network

Good job. The PS3 is alot better than the media has been making it out to be. I believed the media for a while, and then I got it and have been thoroughly impressed.

Last time I'm believing the media on anything about what consoles and games I should buy.

BTW, I'm getting my 360 in a couple of weeks, which I was dead set in not getting after seeing the games on the Xbox 1. But then Mistwalker came about, and changed my mind.

And I'll probably get a Wii when Mario Kart comes to it.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

It`s nice to see that you are converting to sony positive guy before E3 started. =)
Because most people will only after E3 or TGS07. =]]

PS3 best HD player by stuff - http://stuff.tv/news/id-4735/

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1202.html
According to Dengeki PlayStation, a total of 15 RPGs (including the aforementioned titles) are currently in development for PlayStation 3 in Japan.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

DarkD said:
Sony is losing a lot of exclusives, I can understand your doing this but I think you should wait on it. Especially since E3 is right around the corner. What happens if Microsoft pulls a rabbit out of its hat?

Micrsoft will most likely be ranting about halo 3 for most of E3, sony is doing alot this E3 if you think about it I mean an exclusive invitation to one game after microsft e3! And the line up coming for the ps3 is HUge, I love heavenly sword even if I havent played it, the game makes me proud to be an owner of a ps3:)

mM

You have seen the light, welcome to the fold.

Bodhesatva said:
DonWii said:

Duh. If you are ready to invest in Blu-Ray, there is no reason NOT to buy a PS3.

Problem is, most people are not. Reason why PS3 price equals $600 for many, while only $200 for you.

I agree with DonWii.

Me too. I dont see it as that big a news. Then again, he calls himself a fanboy. Still....