By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm convinced! PS3 has got to be mine! (I'm a big Nintendo fanboy...)

I was thinking... I already own a Wii... But I'm definitely buying an X360 or a PS3...

First i thought... Hmmm! Lets get an X360... Halo 3 anyone?!

But then i saw the light!!!... Owyeah ...

I figured: Since Blu-ray is winning this round of storage media... And Blu-ray dollars are about 400US$... I'd be getting a PS3 for a mere 200US$(!!!)... And that's less than a Wii!...

I mean... (You guys know im a big Nintendo fanboy... Who takes it TOO far sometimes) But i'm serious about this! I want a machine to play GTA IV on... To play Tom Clancy's Endwar on! To play Assasins creed on! Etc...

And yes... I love Mario, Zelda, Metroid, SSB: Brawl... But i want the shooters too man! So i'm gonna combine it!

WIIS3 im callin the combo ... Wii & PS3!!!

And i'm still gonna stay a Nintendo fanboy! But hey... PS3 isn't too bad either, is it?!

So when you figure it out:

PS3 total package 600US$:

-Blu-ray drive: Around 400US$. (Blu-ray is winning the storagemedia market)

-Free online (Owyeah).

-PSN (Littlebigplanet...!!!)

-That leavs 200US$ for the PS3 gaming part alone! Which is nothing looking at the graphics!

= Worth my money!!!

And now i can play: Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Supersmashbros: Brawl together with MGS4, GTAIV, TC: Endwar and FFXIII... So me is happy (Btw: This is gonna be an expensive holiday season...)

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

If you want a Blu-ray player, the PS3 is a no-brainer. I haven't heard any tales of Emotion Engine chips being removed from US PS3's, so you should get the 99% to full backwards compatibility with PS1/PS2 games. For any droughts, you can simply pick up any PS2 games you haven't played that are considered greats.

And, I believe the combo was a PSWii, no?

good choice in the future u should invest in a 360 but im really looking foward to BRAWL AND FFXIII

if u never had a PS2 games then u would be up all night trying to find what to get lol

Yeah... I figured that too ... I only got a cube last-gen!

But looking at retail outlets i see TONS of PS2 games...

Games i wanna get:

FF XII. Dragon Quest XIII. FF X And (x2). Okami. Resi: Outbreak. God of war 1 & 2. GT4. MGS 3... And soo much more!

Actually... PS2 has a sick line-up these days!... (I really hate to admit... :'(...)

DAMN: I HATE THIS: I'm starting to like Sony consoles ...

EDIT: But Nintendo is where my hart lies ...!!! For sure!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Dude, you're making the right choice (I know people like to hear this, so this post IS worthwhile).

Same with me only i want every console. Ninty will be always the favorite and even though i have the others i still like it when the wii crushes them (i dont know if this is stupid but its the way i like it), same for the ds ans psp . I'm even gonna buy the psp for a second time if the rumors about the slim psp are true, 8 gig and better control.

Sony is losing a lot of exclusives, I can understand your doing this but I think you should wait on it. Especially since E3 is right around the corner. What happens if Microsoft pulls a rabbit out of its hat?

Duh. If you are ready to invest in Blu-Ray, there is no reason NOT to buy a PS3.

Problem is, most people are not. Reason why PS3 price equals $600 for many, while only $200 for you.

DarkD - Sony may be loosing a lot of exclusives, but the games are still coming to the PS3, whether it's exclusive or not doesn't really matter. All that does matter is that the games that were exclusive and now have lost exclusivity will have the PS3 as a lead platform and then ported to the 360 (it would be stupid to do it the other way around).

It may affect number of sales, but once you've actually got the console it doesn't matter as much because you figure that you're still getting the game. And most probably the better version of it.

Microsoft pulling a rabbit out of it's hat this year at E3? I don't think they will do anything major, as they probably want to keep the limelight on Halo 3 and them RPGs that MrStickBall talks about.