By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm convinced! PS3 has got to be mine! (I'm a big Nintendo fanboy...)

ps3. rockss!!!!!
i have a ps3, and ist good.. to have it

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

Yeah... I figured that too ... I only got a cube last-gen!

But looking at retail outlets i see TONS of PS2 games...

Games i wanna get:

FF XII. Dragon Quest XIII. FF X And (x2). Okami. Resi: Outbreak. God of war 1 & 2. GT4. MGS 3... And soo much more!

Actually... PS2 has a sick line-up these days!... (I really hate to admit... :'(...)

DAMN: I HATE THIS: I'm starting to like Sony consoles ...

EDIT: But Nintendo is where my hart lies ...!!! For sure!

if you wanna be nickel and dimed to death get a 360..... but honestly.... are you into high def gaming or no?? are you an avid online gamer??? do you like to buy add on packs??? all those questions need to be answered... before you choose...if shooters are your main genre then get a 360 hands down... they have other genres but the 360 caters to shooters.. any pro 360 guy will tell you that.... both ps3 and 360 have similar features... i for one chose ps3 because online was free.. harddrive was bigger...most of my favorite franchises are only on sony consoles...and also sony caters to all gamers not just to the hardcore...even though sony has alienated its casual gamer with the high price in which i believe they are gonna bring down this year... but it might be different for you... this is an honest statement by a pro sony guy... which proves all sony guys arent fanboys....

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

vizunary said:
StarcraftManiac said:

Games i wanna get:

FF XII. Dragon Quest XIII. FF X And (x2). Okami. Resi: Outbreak. God of war 1 & 2. GT4. MGS 3... And soo much more!

Actually... PS2 has a sick line-up these days!... (I really hate to admit... :'(...)

Never had a PS2 either, so you're the one, LOL, j/k.... Congats on the decision, plus if you're gonna hold out till the holidays then you may even get a price cut, it'd be nice if they're able to do it. The PS2 games you listed would be the ones I recommend mostly, also the prince of persia games are good platformers along with ratchet and clank and sly cooper too. Have fun!

First, congrats when you do get one.

Second, I wouldn't recommend getting FFX-2. Compared to X, I thought it was poor (except for an interesting battle system). It takes Yuna and makes her something which seems totally opposite of her personality. It's very girly and pop musicish (no offense) and I think it shines a bad light on the world of FFX. 

If you want a BD player *now*, it's well worth it.  But BD players came down from $1000 6 months ago to $400 today.  They'll probably be about $199 or $249 by Christmas.

Personally, I like my shooters on my PC.  And RTS games.  Mmmm -- free online ;) 

TheBigFatJ said:

If you want a BD player *now*, it's well worth it. But BD players came down from $1000 6 months ago to $400 today. They'll probably be about $199 or $249 by Christmas.

Personally, I like my shooters on my PC. And RTS games. Mmmm -- free online ;)

I love the Total War series and Age of Empires 2 was my first online game (56k!!!)

Around the Network

I made this exact same thread a couple days ago. Bought a PS3 and it is ok, but with tons of potential. I own a Wii, and had a 360.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Only problem is that by the end of the year Blu-ray players will likely be at 199 or less and HD-DVD players may dip as low as 99.

Personally I had a PS3 it was stolen along with my Wii and I just don't have the desire to pay another 650(with tax) for it. I will wait for it to drop to 300 than I can get FF13, rachet and a couple of other games.

the Wii makes me happy as I look forward to MP3, SSBB, and Fire Emblem and FF:CC and DQ:S and god knowws what else.

If you want an HD player and you are a gamer then getting a PS3 is pretty logical cause it's a good deal to get both the new PS console and an HD player. I wasn't interested in Blu Ray but I guess the Sony scheme worked because I'm getting an HD tv soon and I will be getting Blu Ray movies for sure when I do that.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

StarcraftManiac said:

Games i wanna get:

If you never got a PS2, then the huge amount of games in the PS2's library is definately an added plus. Also if you've got an HD TV, then that'll make the Blu-Ray part worthwhile

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

I agree get a PS3.  However, you might want to wait a couple of months (since you've waited this long) and get one for $100 cheaper.  No need to pay more just because you can.