By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is gears of war 2 last big game for xbox 360?

deathgod33 said:

i think it is, i dont see anything big upcoming in 09 and beyond for xbox 360 compared to what sony and nintendo have to bring.

You are joking right? Of course it's not the last big game for the 360. What do you think? They will just stop releasing system selling software? That would be the most idiotic business model ever. By the way, your predictions are horrid.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network
deathgod33 said:

i think it is, i dont see anything big upcoming in 09 and beyond for xbox 360 compared to what sony and nintendo have to bring.

Double post.

Just kiss the tip.

There's a little title called Final Fantasy that is getting released on the 360 sometime in the future. Small, but, it might garner some attention.

Then there are countless sequels that are no doubt being made due to their success: Mass Effect, Bioshock, Another Gears of War, Halo games. Not to mention those pointed out by libellule: Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction. And I'm sure Mistwalker will be delivering more RPGs. Probably another Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey, Cry-On. Plenty to look forward to.

Firstly Sony tend at E3 to focus on several years ahead. Whereas M$ literally every E3 focus on the next 12 months.

I guess your forgetting the following games.

Star Ocean 4

Next Halo game

Cry On

Mass Effect 2

Alan Wake

Peter Jacksons Halo Project

Huxley( People forget this game is MMOFPS before Mag on PS3 was announced)

Lost Odyssey 2

Forza 3

Thiese are just off the top of my head and are all currently full 360 exclusives.

Just b/c MS doesn't show stuff that will be coming 2 years later doesn't mean they aren't happening. Same thing with Ninty. We pretty much know MS is going to have some Halo games andquite a few MMORPGS just like we know Ninty is going to have a Zelda game (hray!) as well as other core franchises in the works. Anyone who has read many of the threads on this site know that all the consoles are going full steam into 09

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Around the Network

That's the same exact thing people said last year after the release of Halo 3: that the 360 had no bullets left and was on the downhill side if its lifecycle.

Already for 2009 we have Alan Wake, Halo Wars, Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell, possibly Bioshock 2, ... It's a great time to be a 306 owner.

"You are joking right? Of course it's not the last big game for the 360. What do you think? They will just stop releasing system selling software? That would be the most idiotic business model ever. By the way, your predictions are horrid."

I was just asking for your opinion, no need for such words.

I remember a lot of people saying this last year when Halo 3, Bioshock and Mass Effect was released.

selnor said:
Firstly Sony tend at E3 to focus on several years ahead. Whereas M$ literally every E3 focus on the next 12 months.

I guess your forgetting the following games.

Star Ocean 4

Next Halo game

Cry On

Mass Effect 2

Alan Wake

Peter Jacksons Halo Project

Huxley( People forget this game is MMOFPS before Mag on PS3 was announced)

Lost Odyssey 2

Forza 3

Thiese are just off the top of my head and are all currently full 360 exclusives.

Which of these are going to sell over 3 mln. ?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

um no.