By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So today I bought Ratchet and clank:TOD....

so this is a game someone new to the series can play? i was thinking about buying this game but i never played the PS2 ones

Around the Network

I also bought that game today.  I've made it to half way through collecting the pieces for the ship on the destroyed planet.

And must say it is an awesome game.

headshot91 said:
you must pick up those bits of a holo map as you can get the ryno (lthe most powerful gunin the game)

Is it good? I can't find the last piece for the map. I want it soooo bad!

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

SpartanFX said:

overall it's very fun,,,it's platformer that even hardcore crowd can enjoy.

Thats kind of redundant honestly.  A challenging platformer is a hardcore experience to me.  I really want them to make a game with nothing but platforming similar to the obstacle course sections in Super Mario Sunshine.  I would buy that game in a heartbeat.

To Each Man, Responsibility
AnarchyWest said:
so this is a game someone new to the series can play? i was thinking about buying this game but i never played the PS2 ones

All the gamse could probably be played by themeslves, but the ps3 R&Cs are a new R&C line.  Instead of Ratchet & Clank:  XXX, it's now Ratchet & Clank Future: XXX

Around the Network

I have a question. How much better is it than the demo ? cause i didn't wanna buy it after playing the demo..

But it could be that it was just a bad demo ? .. whats your take on it ?

Check out my game about moles ^

It was my first R&C game and I loved it. Last I stopped I was on my second playthrough and have gotten all the expensive armor and golden groovitron and the millions of bolts needed to ultimately upgrade your weapons. I think i've only hit vx and maxed out 1 or 2 guns.

I loved this game, it's my favourite Ratchet so far. Make sure to look out for the little jibe at the 360.

@staude: The demo was the opening level of the game, so it had a lot more cutscenes and scripted events than the rest of the game, just to kick it off with a bang. Usually there aren't as many scripted scenes, and it's more about going onfoot. The game also has a lot of puzzles and mini-games, plus the best usage of the sixaxis controller so far.

Best platform title so far of this generation. Best platform title in R &C: ToD and it is on the PS3.

My only problem was that it was too easy. After I finished it, I started to play through again on challenge mode, and that was a little bit tricky at the start, and then I got the better weapons and it became easy again, and then I got the Ryno, and the game became ridiculously easy, and then once I got the level X one I could beat the final boss in about 5 seconds