By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - An updated trophy support list

http://thatgamingsite.com/?p=360

It seems that developers are starting to support the Trophy system more and more. This is great, it finally gives all the players a better chance to receive their first trophy if not more. So we have compiled a list of games that are and will support trophies. If we missed any or if any are wrong comment below and we will look into it.

Confirmed

Super Stardust HD (already available)

Ferrari Challenge (undated)

Pixel Junk Eden (soon)

Uncharted (August 22nd)

Warhawk (soon in v1.5)

Rockband 2 (undated)

Bioshock (on release)

Pain

Resistance 2 (on release)

Little Big Planet (on release)

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

NBA: 09

Buzz Quizz TV

MotorStorm Pacific Rift

Killzone 2

Rumoured/ possible

Bionic Commando Rearmed (They are looking into it)

Mirror’s Edge (they are looking into it)

Not getting

Ratchet and Clank: quest for booty (not on release and no word if after)

Devil May Cry 4 (they believe it has it’s own ‘little’ trophy system)

Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (the team behind this has moved on)

Call of Duty 4 (they feel its arrived to late to be integrated)

Resistance: Fall of Man (don’t want to postpone development on R2)

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction (focusing on R2)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (No plans for trophy support)

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Insomniac very well might do patches after R2 is finished. I still have some hope from them.

I don't see how Ratchet and Clank quest for booty will not get the trophy support unless the developer is retarded.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

^well it probably will after they finished with resistance 2

what is so hard about making trophies, shouldn't it take like 10 minutes by a skilled programmer? all yo have to do is put in an internal checklist and mark off the listings automatically....

Around the Network

I heard from a warhawk tester that warhawk 1.5 will be up in the next 2 weeks. With a new map to follow soon after.

It's odd that there's no mention of MGS4. It's been suggested several times that Kojima Productions and/or Konami lent on Sony to have them put out trophies when they did, but that now seems to be an unfounded rumour. Anyway, I'm still hoping there will be a patch sooner or later.

yay, more games, but it doesnt matter to me cause i rarely play games over again.

@theprof00 -- do you even know how to do programming ??

First the tasks to unlock to the Trophies must be decided.
Next you must create counters for the tropies - eg. Kill 50 enemies with a shotgun requires you to create a counter of shotgun kills...
Next you must add triggers... so that GAME OS(PS3's Operating System) knows when to award trophies...

In addition to this you must add code before the trophies which tells GAME OS that the game has trophies and what textures to use for bronze, silver, gold and platinum trophies...

All of that takes time and while it might only take 10 mins to add to a game when it was planned from the start it does need to be tested, and it WILL create bugs. Those bugs then have to fixed - which WILL create more bugs, those bugs then need to fix which might fix the problem or it might not... all and all id say it would take around 60 - 80 hours for - Trophy design + implementation + testing + big fixes/re-testing + SONY QA... and that's without the problems of adding code to a game which mainly on the blu-ray disk thus the code must be slot in to the right spot or be Independent.

KylieDog said:
What about GTA4?

...actually, nothing will get me playing that rubbish again.

Something I wondered though, do we need earn trophies after they get added, or if we've already done something will we automatically get the trophy?

i think you need to earn them