By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto Confirms New Mario, Zelda, Pikmin Projects

what a shock, NOT. of coarse they are going to make new marios and zeldas, pikmin is a different story though

Around the Network

No StarFox? Sorry, only intrested in Pikmin out of those three.

^ You don't like Mario or Zelda?

I just want confirmation of Star Fox wii right now. I already got a new Zelda and Mario this gen, they can wait a bit longer but I have no Star Fox wii action D: Pikmin might be intresting though...

irstupid said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO EXCITING I CAN"T HANDLE IT!!!!! OMG!!!!!

nah who cares. That is like someone saying we are making a grand turismo 6. I could not care. Its is a gurantee that these games will be made.

Tell us when we find out the setting/story, the art style. Or the most important the release date. I hate the 3-4 year hype for games

Actually a new Mario for the Wii would be the first time since the SNES that two major Mario series have been made for one console I think. Its pretty big.

Around the Network

wait wait there was 2 mario games on the snes?

Mario and Zelda confirmation aren't a "big surprise" but are very good news! Pikmin is another history, it is a bigger surprise :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

NightDragon83 said:

LoL what kills me about this is that it always seems to take Nintendo 3-4 years minimum to make sequels or updates to their franchises (Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Star Fox, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) and meanwhile you have companies that release updates or sequels to their major franchises on other systems every 1-2 years... Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, Gears, Motorstorm, Call of Duty, etc... all of these games have gotten or will be getting sequels within the year, yet we have to wait 3-4 years or more for big games from the biggest game developer/publisher in the world... what bullsh*t!

And most of the time they aren't even worth the wait... Mario Kart DD, Star Fox Assault come to mind

That way, their franchises still look fresh after 20 years. There has been 3 3d Marios in total. There has been 5 Call of Duty, 3 Halo, 5 Resident Evil, 6 Final Fantasy in less time.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:
NightDragon83 said:

LoL what kills me about this is that it always seems to take Nintendo 3-4 years minimum to make sequels or updates to their franchises (Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Star Fox, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) and meanwhile you have companies that release updates or sequels to their major franchises on other systems every 1-2 years... Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, Gears, Motorstorm, Call of Duty, etc... all of these games have gotten or will be getting sequels within the year, yet we have to wait 3-4 years or more for big games from the biggest game developer/publisher in the world... what bullsh*t!

And most of the time they aren't even worth the wait... Mario Kart DD, Star Fox Assault come to mind

That way, their franchises still look fresh after 20 years. There has been 3 3d Marios in total. There has been 5 Call of Duty, 3 Halo, 5 Resident Evil, 6 Final Fantasy in less time.

The reason Mario has only popped up three times in 12 years in 3D is because he also heads up a half a dozen other franchises with his name on them and some sell even better than his platformers. Mario Kart, Mario Baseball, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Soccer, Mario Party, Mario Basketball. He's never really out of the public eye at all.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

its good to hear the news straight from the man, the best game designer in the world. i can wait for their games, because i know that they will be polished and refined to a supreme level that most company's dont even try for, that is why with other company's sequels u get some changes and suprises in the games, but as for nintendo u get 99% of the time a complete revolution or a refinement that is as perfect as u are gonna get. so i'll endure the long wait so i can get a game that is truly great and worth every dollar i spend for it. i hope that the new zelda game keeps the mature link from twilight princess and goes beyond the 70+ hrs i put into the game, maybe 100+ for the next zelda.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1