By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto Confirms New Mario, Zelda, Pikmin Projects

Onyxmeth said:
Godot said:
NightDragon83 said:

LoL what kills me about this is that it always seems to take Nintendo 3-4 years minimum to make sequels or updates to their franchises (Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Star Fox, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) and meanwhile you have companies that release updates or sequels to their major franchises on other systems every 1-2 years... Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, Gears, Motorstorm, Call of Duty, etc... all of these games have gotten or will be getting sequels within the year, yet we have to wait 3-4 years or more for big games from the biggest game developer/publisher in the world... what bullsh*t!

And most of the time they aren't even worth the wait... Mario Kart DD, Star Fox Assault come to mind

That way, their franchises still look fresh after 20 years. There has been 3 3d Marios in total. There has been 5 Call of Duty, 3 Halo, 5 Resident Evil, 6 Final Fantasy in less time.

The reason Mario has only popped up three times in 12 years in 3D is because he also heads up a half a dozen other franchises with his name on them and some sell even better than his platformers. Mario Kart, Mario Baseball, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Soccer, Mario Party, Mario Basketball. He's never really out of the public eye at all.

That reminds me this the first year without a Mario Party for a long time!

Former something....

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Baddman said:
wait wait there was 2 mario games on the snes?

Super Mario World and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

Decide for yourself if that is two mario games.

do u play as mario in it? if not then no

It would be nice if Nintendo made something else for a change. What ever happened to the Kid Icarus stuff that I kept hearing about? What about Tecmo bowl coming out for a Nintendo console in like two decades. Nintendo still has several games to come out. I don't get it?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I guess that cool, but I would like to play more than just Zelda and Mario. This in't enough IMO.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
I guess that cool, but I would like to play more than just Zelda and Mario. This in't enough IMO.

There is Disaster Day of Crisis, and Wario Land coming from first parties. Then a few third party games like Fatal Frame IV(Rumors that Nintendo bought fatal frame so it could be first party), and Tales of Symphonia this year, while Mad World, The Conduit, and a few Rpgs like Fragile, and Arc Rise Fantasia next year. So I think those are just a few reasons that make it Enough imo. Also I'm sure there are even more games that Nintendo has yet to announce in developement.

Around the Network

@Samus guy:

Tales of Symphonia should be decent, I guess, but nothing all that great. There are better RPG's coming out for other platforms. Those other games out of Fatal Frame aren't that big a deal, IMO.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

*sigh*
Ive been saying this all along.
Zelda will come before Mario and Pikmin will come before Zelda and Kid Icarus will come before Starfox. I THINK!

NightDragon83 said:

LoL what kills me about this is that it always seems to take Nintendo 3-4 years minimum to make sequels or updates to their franchises (Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Star Fox, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) and meanwhile you have companies that release updates or sequels to their major franchises on other systems every 1-2 years... Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, Gears, Motorstorm, Call of Duty, etc... all of these games have gotten or will be getting sequels within the year, yet we have to wait 3-4 years or more for big games from the biggest game developer/publisher in the world... what bullsh*t!

And most of the time they aren't even worth the wait... Mario Kart DD, Star Fox Assault come to mind

Considering what SMG turned out to be, i would wait till they are happy with their games, all of them for aslong as they want. Why do you think people like Nintendo games so much. You can always feel the quality and effort devoted to these games, and it is is difficult waiting but who cares.  Nintendo owns

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Notice he doesn't actually say a new Mario or Zelda. Zelda has been confirmed at TGS 2005, so was Donkey Kong. Then at this E3 Miyamoto announced Pikmin. I would say that these games are likely all still in development. Nintendo EAD Kyoto and Tokyo work on Nintendo's biggest franchises. Miyamoto works directly with Nintendo EAD Tokyo which he heads up as far as I know. Meaning EAD Tokyo is making Pikmin3 (The Studio that made Galaxy).

He also says at times the teams are very small meaning that many games are probubly under development at EAD Tokyo and Kyoto. I would say Nintendo has been holding back alot of their critically acclaimed franchises for next fall. A shot in the arm for the Wii! A major shot in the arm!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

ZOMG!!! I didn't know...I was a nub and gave up faith in Nintendo!!

seriously...who didn't know? *coughantinintendofanscough*