By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Real Reason Why most Dont have a PS3?

Garcian Smith said:
forevercloud3000 said:

@Hawk

Here is victim number 2 of the retard club.

Ok, ppl on this board have seemingly run out of any real argumentative material and resort to pointing out grammatical and spelling errors in my posts. If that is the way u wish to play it so be it but I'm just going to shoot u down from ur high hopes yet again...

So what, I use AOL lingo online, but then again, its not really AOL language, its interweb lingo in general. Unless I am not aware of some kind of global phenomenon THIS IS THE INTERWEB!!! So I use corresponding language . You apparently know what "U" and "PPL" mean so what is the real issue? It is the same as when we abbreviate Game names on forums. GOW(God of War),MS(Microsoft),OP(original Poster) are all interweb speak that you wouldn't normally use in real life of course but this is not exactly "Real Life" now is it? And I never pretended to know more than everyone else, but I do apparently know more than you bucuz sum of u repeatedly come at me with nuances that are completely off topic.

Secondly you insult my job, like i really care. It is just something I do on the side to make a little money (and for the discount). Im in school for game design so having access to millions of games doesnt hurt. It is not the best of jobs in the world but it does give me little insight on the gaming world that folk such as urself do not have access too. You wouldnt walk up to Bill Gates and pretend to kno more about Windows and PCs than him simply becuz u have one.

Yes, obviously we're pointing out the spelling and grammatical errors in your posts because we want to ignore the magnificent, unique, and inspired content therein. Of course it's not because that content simply doesn't exist. Nope. Not at all. You are the argument master, Good Sir, and I bow down to your obvious prowess over me.

Also, that is the most terrible analogy I've ever heard. Bill Gates designed Windows and practically invented modern computing. You swindle people into purchasing preorders and stock shelves. Mr. Gates is a genius who rode his knowledge of OS design to a multi-billion-dollar career. You study "game design," whatever that is, meaning that you've never even made a single game, let alone a commercially successful or even well-known one. You are not Bill Gates. You're some kid who thinks he's so much more bloody intelligent than the rest of us because he holds a menial retail job and is studying for a fake degree.

How did I just Know that someone was going to say something about my Bill Gate analo? Wow, you figured me out, Im not some billionaire touting all he has to follow. I was not trying to say that. You ppl keep taking what I say out of context, and it is fairly annoying. I was saying I know things that ppl who have no real connection with the gaming industry do not, this is fact. Just as ppl who are in whatever business they are in kno things I and u dont kno.

And then you go on to attack my education and I am like why? what does that have to do with the OP? Yes I go to school for this stuff (Which yet again, means I might no some things u dont). I didnt say anything about the technical side of things. I am simply talking about sales figures, demographic, and hardware that sum up to a meaninful purchase. Some how this whole thread became about trying to tear me down from my high horse that I was never riding.

Earlier someone made a comment about me working at McD's. Well if I worked at McD's would you walk in there and try to tell me how we make our burgers? I think not, becuz that is just stupid. Same Here. I sell the games, so I know how they sell and to whome,what they act like , what they smell like, what they talk like. If i didnt I wouldnt be a very good employee.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

Ok, let me say somethings about that topic

1.GAMES- half of those Sony exclusives are mediocre too: Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk, and Heavenly Sword all are average. Uncharted is pretty good but has no multiplayer, Resistance is one of the best games on the PS3, and MGS4 is the only game that people would actually buy a PS3 for. I will admit that alot of great games on the 360 are also on PS3, but that is true vice-versa. PS3 lost alot of great exclusives- DMC4, GTAIV, Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero (to an extent), and FFXIII. Seeing that PS3 does not have many games people would buy an entire $400 for, the 360 which is cheaper and has exclusives such as Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Banjo Kazooie, etc. along with alot with the many other great multiplatform games.

2. Blu-ray- Most people don't give about Blu-ray yet. I am fine with DVDs. They seem pretty clear to me and my 40" LCD Samsung. but ya $400 is a good deal for a console and blu-ray no doubt. but i buy consoles for games, not movies.

3. Price- Obviously, Xbox 360 is cheaper but PS3 has Blu-ray for a great price. if you really care about HD movies unlike me, PS3 is a great deal, but i would wait awhile for the price to go down before spending $400 for Blu-ray.

4. Online- Majority of people (except for the biggest of Sony fanboys) agree that Xbox Live is currently the best Online experience. Yes PSN is free, but it isn't nearly as good as XBL and XBL only costs $50 a year which is less than the price of one game, so it isn't a big deal. XBLA and PSN don't have any terrific games other than that Castlevania game. but XBLA is getting Banjo Kazooie while PSN is getting some pretty good titles this year. But the only classic games i get are from the Virtual console on the Wii because those kick ass.

5. Online Movie- Xbox 360 wins because of one thing: Netflix.

6. Controllers- PS3's Sixaxis stinks, but the Dualshock 3 is awesome and it beats the Xbox 360s controller.

7. Overall- my personal preference is the 360. I own all three consoles, and my PS3 is mainly for Metal Gear Solid 4 and movies. 360 is the best console here

CrashMan said:
Again, posts go ignored, points go unnoticed.

Might I add that working in the Retail Space hardly qualifies you as gleaming some great insight in to the game industry, just like someone who stocks shelves at Shop right has no great knowledge about advertising, farming, or product distribution.

The vast majority of the people in this forum have much greater experience and insight in the industry (myself included,) so your "Access to millions of games" impresses no one.

Ok, if u have not noticed there are ALOT of posts in this thread now. It is a little hard to keep track of what everyone says, especially while I am trying to respond to as many as possible. Some are bound to be looked over.

And stocking and selling are two dif things. And if the Stocking guy says something about a company having shortages I would believe him becuz HE WOULD KNOW! I sell the games at retail, yes. But gamestop is the LARGEST game selling retailer in the US. Meaning MAJORITY of gaming fan bases stop HERE.  Gamestop sometimes put userbases in emails so employees kno who to pitch too. So is gamestop wrong? Do they not know what they r talking about? This is the kind of info I kno for FACT that u just DONT. What else do you want me to say? MY INSIGHT gives me knowledge about the sales of games, how often they restock, etc. So how exactly am I "Pretending" to kno something?

Vast majority? Ok so what exactly gives YOU more insight than ME when I deal with the stuff FIRST HAND! sigh........ I just think this whole thread (Mostly you) has steered away from the topic and are centered on the FACT that I just "might" be more knowledgable than you in a particular area. and the sad part is, THATS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT!

I stopped trying to censor myself a while ago when u and a few others constantly barrage my thread with bullshit replies as if i have done something to you....

Greatness Awaits

This is just stupid. No one should act like one system is that much better then another. Acting like ps3 is that much better then the the 360 is silly. You'd be ignoring tons of great exclusive content, that's already been mentioned. I'm not even sure I believe your version of your conversation either, the fact that your friend would use UT3 as an argument for the 360 when it's been out on the ps3 for a while already, and not mention something like Gears of War is silly. And why bring up Blue Dragon when we have Lost Odyessy? Plus we have Fable 2, GeoW 2, Infinite Undiscovery and such on the way, plus I think the biggest reason not to bother with pushing someone is all the major stuff is multiplatform:
COD, Guitar Hero, Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Mirror's edge, Madden, FF XIII etc...
the major reason to get a ps3 over a 360 would really only be blu-ray support, if that appeals to you then fine, if that doesn't I can't see bothering to talk someone into the ps3 like that especially working for a store where you should at least pretend to be impartial. I'd personally only address two things: Xbox live costs money, psn doesn't, and blu-ray, with that said I'd also point a bigger library for the 360(plus cheaper older titles) and perhaps mention the new deal they have with netflix, and currently stonger online support. And then let them decide.

I have both systems(and the wii) and I love them all, and I just think it's annoying when someone posts nonsense like this.

Well.

I have a Engineering Science Degree from Rochester Institute of Technology

I have a Computer Science degree from Marist College

I have a published paper on Game Engine desing in a Programming Journal

I have released a few commercially sold games

I work as a Software engineer for a profession

The fact of the matter is, you misrepresented both the PS3 and the 360, as I have already outlined. That is why you thread is invalid and your points not taken.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

Seriously any mod that is reading this, I understand allowing edgy topics to generate discussion but when someone makes a topic to discuss why one console is better than the other when the entire basis of their argument is working at a gamestop and "pwning" their "noob" friend in an argument, then I think its time to lock the thread. Such threads are repetitive, bring nothing new to the table and just make this site look bad.

Also how the hell is Rock_on_2008 getting away with some of his statement?

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

RockSmith372 said:
Ok, let me say somethings about that topic

1.GAMES- half of those Sony exclusives are mediocre too: Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk, and Heavenly Sword all are average. Uncharted is pretty good but has no multiplayer, Resistance is one of the best games on the PS3, and MGS4 is the only game that people would actually buy a PS3 for. I will admit that alot of great games on the 360 are also on PS3, but that is true vice-versa. PS3 lost alot of great exclusives- DMC4, GTAIV, Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero (to an extent), and FFXIII. Seeing that PS3 does not have many games people would buy an entire $400 for, the 360 which is cheaper and has exclusives such as Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Banjo Kazooie, etc. along with alot with the many other great multiplatform games.

I never meantthe PS3 games were "Better" in a sense, I only meant that they were JUST as good as the 360 ones.  Now if one simply doesnt like the type of games the PS3 offers that is valid. Yet ppl I come accross at work and on these threads simply dont even know what the PS3 has to offer becuz they never hear about them. Ex: Man walks into the store and set on getting an action game to tie him over till GOW3. I offer Heavenly Sword. He is like "What is that?" and he seemed a tad turned off by it cuz the main char was a girl. After I got him to try the demo he LOVED it. He actually came back the nxt day and told me so...

2. Blu-ray- Most people don't give about Blu-ray yet. I am fine with DVDs. They seem pretty clear to me and my 40" LCD Samsung. but ya $400 is a good deal for a console and blu-ray no doubt. but i buy consoles for games, not movies.

I understand ur point about HD quality (me too, I dont really care to much about the HD at this point) Yet it is a "Future Proof" selling point for PS3. And when "I" personally bring up BluRay it is not becuz of the HD quality, but mostly becuz of space. More space=longer and bigger games(RPG heaven).

3. Price- Obviously, Xbox 360 is cheaper but PS3 has Blu-ray for a great price. if you really care about HD movies unlike me, PS3 is a great deal, but i would wait awhile for the price to go down before spending $400 for Blu-ray.

Valid

4. Online- Majority of people (except for the biggest of Sony fanboys) agree that Xbox Live is currently the best Online experience. Yes PSN is free, but it isn't nearly as good as XBL and XBL only costs $50 a year which is less than the price of one game, so it isn't a big deal. XBLA and PSN don't have any terrific games other than that Castlevania game. but XBLA is getting Banjo Kazooie while PSN is getting some pretty good titles this year. But the only classic games i get are from the Virtual console on the Wii because those kick ass.

I have had enough time to know what Live and PSN experience is like. While the Live experience is technically "better" for most users, it def is not enough to warrent a 50 price tag, while lookin at it alone is not much but within yrs it will have you thinking "I coulda had a PS3 and or Wii" instead of shelling out that fee.

5. Online Movie- Xbox 360 wins because of one thing: Netflix.

Not really, fell in love with te PS3's movie service the day it came out. Sony actually has a movie studio so they pretty much make Netflix and PSN Movies equal. And the fact u dont have to pay an initial 50 just to use it tilts to Sony's favor

6. Controllers- PS3's Sixaxis stinks, but the Dualshock 3 is awesome and it beats the Xbox 360s controller.

PS2 controller is rated among the best, 360 users favor their controller due to its great use in FPS. Yet I dont think I agree with building a controller that surrounds around ONE genre of gaming.

7. Overall- my personal preference is the 360. I own all three consoles, and my PS3 is mainly for Metal Gear Solid 4 and movies. 360 is the best console here

I see where u are coming from. But do u see where I am?

Greatness Awaits

I'm not sure how this thread remained open for so long but it's being closed now for flamebait and ensuing flaming.

Mendicate Bias said:
Seriously any mod that is reading this, I understand allowing edgy topics to generate discussion but when someone makes a topic to discuss why one console is better than the other when the entire basis of their argument is working at a gamestop and "pwning" their "noob" friend in an argument, then I think its time to lock the thread. Such threads are repetitive, bring nothing new to the table and just make this site look bad.

Also how the hell is Rock_on_2008 getting away with some of his statement?

Because we love him!!! j/k he gets warnings and bans all the time...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)