By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A new genre of gaming?

Virtual Reality.

Around the Network

The corporate sandbox game. We could start with Microsoft's Xbox Division and call it Grand Theft Exclusive.

Edit: Alternatively, I'd be pleased to see a new genre called Strategy Role-Playing Game+. They'd be like strategy role-playing games as we know them, but people would actually buy them. So more of them could get made.

Real-time Simulation RPG.

Does not involve stats, but instead simulates true real time muscle building/skill learning. The interface is a direct connection to the brain, all your senses have a direct connection to the game so you see, move just as you do in reality.

Certain things would be toned down, such as receiving pain, but there would be a feedback system through the sense of touch interface.

Physics is basically real-simulated, but obviously it wouldn't be a game if it didn't have some of the classic RPG elements of magic and combat techniques.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Spectrumglr said:
LittleBigFan92 said:
Like LittleBigPlanet. Create your on game.

that's actually quite dangerous...to me "create your own game" is similar to "we created the backbone and then got tired/run out of good ideas...please, give us 50 bucks and finish it by yourself"

Same argument for the developer of a word processor?  Surely there's value in creating something that allows others to then create?

the2bears - the indie shmup blog

I just hope whatever it is, that it has PIRATES in it, or monkeys, monkeys are cool too.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

RTS-FPS.

One player generating units, building bases, managing resources, and sending combat orders. The other players on the team can control any of the combat units on the field in 1st person view, from marine, to dropship or tank.

GooseGaws said:
ssj12 said:
voice-shooter - you tell your soldiers what to do. You dont even touch the controller, jsut yell at the game.

You're about five years too late:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/home/589786.html

Uh... this thing.. http://www.nesretro.com/hardware/KonamiLaserScopeAd.jpg

Take a look at this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_genres

It wouldn't be easy just to think of a "new" genre.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Double Post...

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

make a game where the main character can travel in three type of world gamin' here they are : 1. Cel-shaded
2. Realistic
3. 2D
in the same game with puzzles an epic adventure Action/RPG/FPS whatever just an epic adventure.