By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It’s Time to Stop Hating on EA

Strategyking92 said:
Bioware and pandemic.... some of my favorite developers, snatched up in one buyout. I'll hate EA forever.

You act as if EA bought the companies just to destroy them. Bioware and Pandemic are still around and still developing games. In fact, they may be able to put out an even greater number of games since EA will publish their games and possibly fund development. Of course you could claim that the developers will make worse games under EA's ownership, but how likely is that?

Besides, to everyone reading this thread, saying you hate a company is one of the most idiotic things ever. What, do you hate the CEO, Director of Human Resources, and the thousands of employees? Or do you hate some abstract vision of the company you created by buying a couple bad products?

And in reality, all of the people who say they hate EA's games probably own at least a couple of them. One company or another has to dominate the third party market, it might as well be EA. Besides, Activision will quickly reveal themselves to be the new slime of the industry, so watch out for some exciting developments.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Strategyking92 said:

You act as if EA bought the companies just to destroy them. Bioware and Pandemic are still around and still developing games. In fact, they may be able to put out an even greater number of games since EA will publish their games and possibly fund development. Of course you could claim that the developers will make worse games under EA's ownership, but how likely is that?

People are answering this question based on how EA acted a few years back, and back then it was very likely. Westwood Studios is the most prominent example, but there were plenty more companies that got lobotomized after EA acquired them, as even Riticello admitted in '06. No, I can understand why people might feel as ssj12 and others do.

That said, EA genuinely has improved recently. It's probably just the shock of no longer being number one, but they've cleaned up their act quite a bit recently. I actually like them now, and am interested in many of their games, which is a statement I could not have made three years ago. Sure, it's easy to hate the collosus who's still gobbling up studios, but the results have been okay so far, so those companies no longer are guaranteed to wither and die under EA's management.

MontanaHatchet said:
Strategyking92 said:
Bioware and pandemic.... some of my favorite developers, snatched up in one buyout. I'll hate EA forever.

Besides, to everyone reading this thread, saying you hate a company is one of the most idiotic things ever. What, do you hate the CEO, Director of Human Resources, and the thousands of employees? Or do you hate some abstract vision of the company you created by buying a couple bad products?

And in reality, all of the people who say they hate EA's games probably own at least a couple of them. One company or another has to dominate the third party market, it might as well be EA. Besides, Activision will quickly reveal themselves to be the new slime of the industry, so watch out for some exciting developments.

no. If you think that is idiotic, you probably haven't read the tabloids, or news.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Spore shouldn't really be included in any argument for EA, since the Maxis developers basically operate separate from EA as much as they're allowed to...I'm guessing Will Wright would not consider himself an "EA man."

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I will hate them no matter what. Their games suck on all platforms and all genres.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Spore shouldn't really be included in any argument for EA, since the Maxis developers basically operate separate from EA as much as they're allowed to...I'm guessing Will Wright would not consider himself an "EA man."

True, but that's kinda the point: the "new" EA is much more hands-off than it used to be. Hell, I can't think of too many times they've interfered with their "client developers" recently. I'm, not saying they don't happen: I am saying they happen less than they used to, less even than many other third-parties.

I think EA is a great company, they make many good games, the problem is they whore out most series and have too many franchises for their own good.

EA has an always will suck. They might make a good game every once in a while, but their past actions are unforgivable.

I don't hate them as much as before since Sim city was announced.

If this were last gen, I'd agree that EA sucks but this gen they've been a completely different company.....at least for Wii owners.

Godfather, Madden with online (the '09 edition should really kick ass), Boom Blox, MoH Heroes 2 with 32 player online.....

The rEVOLution is not being televised