By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN:Siren Scares PS3s

apearently the game is very creepy and scary.it is made by the Original silent hill producer.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/893/893345p1.html

"Want a frightening twist to give you some chills for the hot summer nights? Then Sony could just possibly have you covered today, as its survival horror remake hits the PlayStation Store today. Siren: Blood Curse is the episodic remake of the PS2 title, and on the PlayStation.Blog, Tsubasa Inaba, the Producer of the title, gave a few details about the game. Blood Curse is the tale of an American TV crew in Japan shooting a documentary about a village that disappeared thirty years before. However, as soon as the crew arrives, they discover that things are not as they appear, including a strange ritual, odd occurrences with the inhabitants and other confusing and horrific events."

it is coming out today,,,,who is gonna try it?

Around the Network

I've played the demo, it was on the creepy side. I didn't like the camera though, I felt extremely restricted by the camera. It was extremely sensitive to any input on the right analog stick, and it's not positioned very far away from the character making looking around and exploring difficult.

Anyway, I really liked how that miner dude in the demo was like "What is this? I feel great!" I thought it was funny.

Isn't it also coming out on disk? If so, I'm just going to wait for that so I can simply rent it.

I might download the first few to give em a shot :D Survival horror really isn't my thing due to wonkey ass controls, but depending on how it play's it might be worth it ^_^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

IllegalPaladin said:
I've played the demo, it was on the creepy side. I didn't like the camera though, I felt extremely restricted by the camera. It was extremely sensitive to any input on the right analog stick, and it's not positioned very far away from the character making looking around and exploring difficult.

Anyway, I really liked how that miner dude in the demo was like "What is this? I feel great!" I thought it was funny.

Isn't it also coming out on disk? If so, I'm just going to wait for that so I can simply rent it.

apearently after all of the 3 episodes are out,,then bluray version will come.

Interesting demo but controls were a bit off. It was also VERY dark and almost impossible to see on my setup. I know it is meant to be dark but there is a point where it too dark makes it impossible to play -- especially with the camera up so close and the joke of a "flashlight".

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

So how big are the episodes? How long does each take to play? What does it cost?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
So how big are the episodes? How long does each take to play? What does it cost?

3 episodes,,prices are in the link .apearently the complete version is about 10 gig.so 3.3 gig each episode

You can buy 4-8 hour episodes for 15 dollars or the full 3 episodes for 40. I think Ill get an episode and try it, then get the other two if I like it. It looks really cool to me, I loved survival horror games from the original Resident Evil on PS1 on.

I love games like this on PSN to download. I've already bought at least 7 by now, I guess Siren will make 8.

For anyone worried about space A) you can delete games you're not using and redownload them and B) you can do what I did and get a 250GB hard drive from Frys or something for 80 bucks. Yes thats right, a 250GB PS3 for 480 dollars! It took me all of 30 seconds to swap the drives, the firmware (and your sign in name/settings) don't even change. All you have to do is back up your whole system to an external drive, flash device or whatever else, put the new HD in, hit restore system and poof, your identical PS3 on a new 4x bigger HD.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

played the demo, not my style. awesome graphics & enviroments though.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I loved it,a real Japan zombie game,not some mutant zombies ala resident evil.

But I want my blu version,damn!!!