By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The "How do I...?" FAQ thread.

yea, the prediction league is not worldwide, hence why some are titled japan, and some NA. If you actually submitted that round, you're not going to be getting much of your money back.

It might also be nice to note that you should be getting your money back 2-3 weeks after betting, so don't go overboard so you can join other rounds too.

Also, you can note that there is at least 1 new round every week, and that there is a complete leader boards which you can find in my sig.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
yea, the prediction league is not worldwide, hence why some are titled japan, and some NA. If you actually submitted that round, you're not going to be getting much of your money back.

It might also be nice to note that you should be getting your money back 2-3 weeks after betting, so don't go overboard so you can join other rounds too.

Also, you can note that there is at least 1 new round every week, and that there is a complete leader boards which you can find in my sig.

Thanks for the corrections, and the OP has already been modified. Any tips to share with readers, by chance?

Cleaned up a few links, made some small updates. Will revamp the sales chart section to account for TalonMan's many changes later, when I'm feeling less lazy.

good idea:)

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

How do threads get stickied in the first place?

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

How do threads get stickied in the first place?

It's purely at the mods' discretion. The threads I've made that got stickied were evidently picked up and stickied without my asking, but if you feel that a thread is worth being stickied, you can always ask a mod to do so. Of course, the final decision is up to the mod, and getting too many threads stickied gums up the forums, so if you make a request make sure it's worthwhile.

Great thread! Exactly what I needed.

Cool avatar, is that from Ogre Battle 64?

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Corrections/additions: [edited to add 2 more things]

"Jpegs, gifs, and other images can not be posted in a quick post. You must either start a thread, be quoting to another post, or editing your own to access fonts, post images, add smileys, and do things besides post text. Quoting is the most common method."

OR, you could click the "(RICH TEXT REPLY)" link down by the "Post a quick reply" box.

There is also another way to quote from other threads, if you want it to look the same as a quote from the same thread: Just quote in that thread (unless it's locked and you therefore can't quote), select all (click in the reply box and Ctrl+A), and copy/paste it into a rich text reply box in the new thread. (Don't forget to close/cancel the other one!)

Also, the quick post can be used for things beside plain text if you have the HTML. I'm not educated in HTML but I know the basic stuff, like i /i and b /b, and for more complex stuff like blackout text I have some examples in a Notepad document so I can just paste in the code if I want to. Turns out you can add images with img /img that way too, according to my notes.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Correction:

"Jpegs, gifs, and other images can not be posted in a quick post. You must either start a thread, be quoting to another post, or editing your own to access fonts, post images, add smileys, and do things besides post text. Quoting is the most common method."

OR, you could click the "(RICH TEXT REPLY)" link down by the "Post a quick reply" box.

How in the hell did I miss that?!

Thanks a bunch, both for the FAQ and for myself. Correcting now.

Here are the codes I have in my "Forum HTML aid" notes. I'm going to try replacing the triangle brackets with ^ to let you see them without making the reconstruction too hard.

Making text into a link:
^a href="URL"^Word^/a^

Making blacked-out text:
^span style="background-color: #000000"^Blacked-out block of text^/span^

Inserting an image
^img^http://whatever^/img^

Recreating a quote box:
^center^^table bgcolor="#bbbbbb" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="90%"^^tr^^td bgcolor="#ffffff"^^b^Quoted person said:^/b^^br /^Quoted text.^/td^^/td^^/table^^/center^

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!