By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - August Issue of EGM- Some crazy stuff in there.

Here's what it contains:

- Soul Calibur IV cover story.
- Small feature on the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy.
- Madden '08 vs. All-Pro Footbal 2K8
- Previews: Army of Two, Socom: Confrontation, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, Rock Band.

Rumors
- Another Parasite Eve is in the works for an actual console.
- Sony's going to show Epic the money to make UE3 work better on the PS3 (PS3 Exclusive Epic Game Financing?)
- Kojima Productions is working on another PS3 exclusive (Snatcher?)
- Sony will repackage the PS2 to compete with the Wii by including a waggle-wand for $99 this holiday season. (Craziest rumor in the history of rumors)
- AC/DC will help promote Rock Band.
- Capcom working on a PS3 exclusive. (Monster Hunter console game sequel?)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl will use Havok physics.

Review Scores - Wii
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon: 6.5, 5, 5.5
Mario Party 8: 5.5, 7.5, 6

Review Scores - Xbox 360/PS3
The Darkness: 9, 6.5, 8.5
The Bigs: 8.5, 8, 8

Review Scores - Xbox 360
Overlord: 8, 6.5, 6.5
Shadowrun: 5, 7, 8
Dirt: 8, 8, 8.5
Forza Motorsport 2: 8.5, 8.5, 9 [Game of the Month]

Review Scores - Playstation 2
Hot Shots Tennis: 3.5, 4.5, 7.5

Review Scores - Nintendo DS
Dynasty Warriors DS: Fighter's Battle: 5.5, 4.5, 6

Review Scores - Playstation Portable
Final Fantasy II: 6, 5.5, 6
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology: 6, 8.5, 5.5
Crush 9.5, 8.5, 8 [Handheld Game of the Month]
Smash Court Tennis 3: 5.5, 4.5, 4.5
Parappa the Rapper: 7, 5.5, 6

Coming in the September 2007 Issue
- First look at Halo 3's single-player story (including single-player screenshots).
- Retro Studios talks about MP3: Corruption.
- Lair review.
- Ps3 EyeToy preview (hardware and software).
- A Napoleon Dynamite game?

Note: Rumors are rumors but EGM has a great record on their rumors turning true in the past. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

hmm, The Parasite Eve games were pretty good... hopefully the third one will be good too!

Pfff... PS2's wagglewand for 99US$... I wanna see that stupid shit...! And they think people make games for it?!Hahahahaha... The the masses can't play it cause they have a 'normal' Ps2... So stupid XD... If this is true!

And for the rest: Havok physics for SSB: Brawl! Too coowl ...

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:

Pfff... PS2's wagglewand for 99US$... I wanna see that stupid shit...! And they think people make games for it?!Hahahahaha... The the masses can't play it cause they have a 'normal' Ps2... So stupid XD... If this is true!

And for the rest: Havok physics for SSB: Brawl! Too coowl ...

If they did it it will be a new version where if you wanted to play that you'd get the new PS2. The older games will probably be mapped to motion controls on the new controller.

1.) The rumors are exciting. Id like to see them all come true...

2.) Mortal Kombat Wii score = ouch

3.) Somebody tell me which version of the Darkness is better already!!! X360 or PS3

4.) Crush wasnt even on my radar? Game of the month what? (runs to see what the hell crush is)

Playstation Network - Abrader

Around the Network

I'll pass on commenting on the wand+PS2 thing, as it sounds like prime flamewar material.

Can someone tell me about the Havok engine though? Sounds interesting, as physics have always played a large part in Smash Bros.

Except for the PS2 waggle, all of those rumors seem credible.

Scores seem good. Crush looks like a great game, but I doubt it will sell too well. It just isn't on too many peoples radar. 

Havok engine is a great physics engine that is being used in games that really emphasize realistic and effective physics in a game so this use in Brawl would be very welcome and add a nice touch to the game.

EGM = Nintendo haters. I wont waste my time on publications with no credibility.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

abrader said:
4.) Crush wasnt even on my radar? Game of the month what? (runs to see what the hell crush is)

PSP platformer/puzzler game that sells poorly because people don't buy experimental games :(

If you have a PSP get it, it's challenging and really different from any other game I've played on the PSP.