By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Final Fantasy Versus XIII Trailer Leaked

Pristine20 said:
Yojimbo said:
Release date 2011 confirmed.

Thats for FFXIII in NA/EU. This one's 2014 lol.

Lol.. I can't help but believe that. :D

Around the Network

This looks reallly cool.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Tbone said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Yojimbo said:

I would say early 2010. They only halted production because they want to complete FFVII: Advent Children Complete for Blu-Ray.

yeah but does it hit japan early 2010 or everywhere.

It would release simultaneously across all regions like MGS4. That is the goal for all future SE games.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/11-03-2008-7740.html  It's dated from a couple of months ago.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Tbone said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Yojimbo said:

I would say early 2010. They only halted production because they want to complete FFVII: Advent Children Complete for Blu-Ray.

yeah but does it hit japan early 2010 or everywhere.

It would release simultaneously across all regions like MGS4. That is the goal for all future SE games.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/11-03-2008-7740.html  It's dated from a couple of months ago.

I really hope it does.

@Soriku: I think that if Sony let FFXIII go, they will insure that FFVXIII stays exclusive. There was also confirmation from Kitase and hashimoto at e3 that Versus will stay exclusive, but we'll see. Can't really trust SE these days.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
@Soriku: I think that if Sony let FFXIII go, they will insure that FFVXIII stays exclusive. There was also confirmation from Kitase and hashimoto at e3 that Versus will stay exclusive, but we'll see. Can't really trust SE these days.

Uh...no. If they can't keep a mian series exclusive, why bother with a spin-off? Besides, Sony said recently in an interview with 1UP that if MS decides to pay then they can't do anything about it. I'd bet Versus XIII will be on the 360. I mean what is there to gain in keeping an HD project exclusive? You'll get more money if you put it on both.

You don't know the inner workings of SE, Sony or MS. So stop assuming anything and go by facts. Fact is that FFXIII is still exclusive to the Playstation 3 and built for the Playstation 3. Fact is that FFXIII was just confirmed exclusive to the PS3 at e3. What would cost more, a spin off or the main series? Porting code to another console cost money aswell, it's not free. If SE can keep it exclusive and make a huge profit, while Sony is funding portions of the game, then they will keep it exclusive.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Soriku said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Uh...no. If they can't keep a mian series exclusive, why bother with a spin-off? Besides, Sony said recently in an interview with 1UP that if MS decides to pay then they can't do anything about it. I'd bet Versus XIII will be on the 360. I mean what is there to gain in keeping an HD project exclusive? You'll get more money if you put it on both.

You don't know the inner workings of SE, Sony or MS. So stop assuming anything and go by facts. Fact is that FFVXIII is still exclusive to the Playstation 3 and built for the Playstation 3. Fact is that FFVXIII was just confirmed exclusive to the PS3 at e3. What would cost more, a spin off or the main series? Porting code to another console cost money aswell, it's not free. If SE can keep it exclusive and make a huge profit, while Sony is funding portions of the game, then they will keep it exclusive.

How many times did SE say that FF XIII was exclusive? Many, many times. Soriku is right (unfortunately), it's only a matter of time. The TGS might be a good place to announce it, or E3 09.
I really hope Sony saw the effect of the FF XIII announcement and is trying to at least keep Versus exclusive, but that won't happen, Sony remains arrogant.

Pretty, but no gameplay makes me still wonder if it is good or not

www.jamesvandermemes.com