By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Final Fantasy Versus XIII Trailer Leaked

Yakuzaice said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Stats87 said:
I realize that is all CGI

but that is some amazing CGI

Probably just cutscenes for the game. The battle system is said to be a mix between Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts.

Advent Children?

Anyways, their CG looks amazing as usual.

They want to capture the feel of the fight scenes from Advent Chrildren.

Around the Network
chenguo4 said:
I can actually see this end up being kind of a shooter rpg, like Dirge of Cerberus.

HOw was the gameplay on that game, for those who've played it?

An interesting idea with some flaws in the execution, the combination of shooter/RPG works well, but the game feels to limited, there are a lot of invisible walls, you can't jump anywhere, the terrain is just too small and the interactivity with the enviroment is null. It isn't a bad game, I'd give it a 7-7.5, but with some more time in development it could have been amazing

Reminds me of FFVII, only gloomier. I won´t be surprised if Fabula Nova Crystallis reaches the status of best FFs since FFVII.

Looks excellent, but of course it's just CG.

I'm very excited about the game.

Looking very good. Love how dark the game looks.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I think I REALLY dig the direction the game is taking :P I LOVE the concept of an all powerful being living in the real world XD (at least that's what i'm getting out of the trailer). I'm super stoked as always :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I actually like it more than FFXIII so far xD

Yojimbo said:
Release date 2011 confirmed.

Thats for FFXIII in NA/EU. This one's 2014 lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Nice CGI trailer... But the best was the sound \o/
I would love to se a another FF game with Nob Uematsu.
Bring me some damn gameplay videos to make it up, pls. Design for versus >FXIII.

Looks more western oriented than FFXIII

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies