By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Final Fantasy Versus XIII Trailer Leaked

CGI? Yawn.

Around the Network

the CGI is cool.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

sc94597 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
sc94597 said:
Wasn't the game in developement since the ps2 days? They probably already had the story finished when they were developing it for the ps2. So that means all they had to do was the CG, and the actual game right? So why do people think it will take so long to release? I would think it would be here before FFXIII, maybe even to hype the game more.

I think you're talking about FFXIII. VXIII started development after KHII.

From Wikipedia

Final Fantasy Versus XIII began development as early as 2003, two or three years prior to E3 2006 in conjunction with Final Fantasy XIII, after the PlayStation 3 Final Fantasy VII Technical Demo was completed.[12] Led by Tetsuya Nomura, the game was developed by the team responsible for the Kingdom Hearts games as well as Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. As with Final Fantasy XIII, development initiated on the PlayStation 2 but was later shifted to the PlayStation 3 when the development team determined that the PlayStation 2's hardware would not suffice for the "visual expression" that the team had initially decided upon and that the single DVD format did not have the adequate storage requirements. As such, most of the development was restarted on the PlayStation 3.[13]

So we can be sure it will be for X360 on multidvd's;.

I was losing some hype for this game but with this vid it came all back......Bro I am hyped...

.....I know this thing was inspired by FFVII AC (XIII was inspired by FFVII)...but..wow..it looks so damn alot like it

It looks like SE forgot how to make games and is just throwing cgi movies at us, the one thing they are good at right now.

Around the Network

It looks weird... I liked the first trailer better.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

(L) nomura!!!
ahhh the best,
:)

Why is this on the Sony forum and not in games?? LOL!

Seriously though, compare that trailer to a FF Children Advent trailer released back in 2005 and you'll notice the difference in quality is so... unimpressive.. for something being released 4 or 5 years later.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:

Why is this on the Sony forum and not in games?? LOL!

Seriously though, compare that trailer to a FF Children Advent trailer released back in 2005 and you'll notice the difference in quality is so... unimpressive.. for something being released 4 or 5 years later.

I wonder how it could look much better;..

its better in details.. hell its looks better than wall-e to me.

by the way why people say this is lost odyssey music?

its clearly ff6 final boss battle theme, metalized.