By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2008 Wii releases for the rest of the year (shovelware removed)

MLB power pros is such a great game.

Around the Network
I like Bacon said:

Animal Crossing comes out on November 16th. Shiggy's b-day!!

And mine haha.  I'm important too.

Anyways I have these games reserved and ready for first day buys:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Sonic Unleashed
Call of Duty: World at War
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

These next titles are probably ones I'll just go and pickup:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 All Play
Deadly Creatures
Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip
Wii Music
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Quantum of Solace
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Rock Band 2(probably game only)

Man going to run out of money haha. And still a lot more I'm interested in but can't decide yet. Wait for reviews on those. Yes I'm an ultimate Wii gamer, mainly because I just got nothing much to buy on my 360 haha.

Resident Evil Zero is shovelware, you forgot to remove that game.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

The release dates may be incorrect (or outdated) ... I grabbed them off of IGN because (generally speaking) they seem to be the most up-to-date and complete listing of release dates for games.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Where did you hear Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World's release date was November 18?

"The release dates may be incorrect (or outdated) ... I grabbed them off of IGN because (generally speaking) they seem to be the most up-to-date and complete listing of release dates for games." HappySqurriel post above yours.

Sam & Max Season One
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
SimCity Creator
LEGO Batman: The Videogame
Wario Land: Shake It!
Deadly Creatures
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Quantum of Solace
Call of Duty: World at War
Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- Lightsaber Duels
Castlevania Judgment
Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop

i am looking forward to seeing how many of these are actually released in Europe this year.

I don't think Resident Evil 0 is even announced for North America. Also, I could swear that the release date for Mushrom Men was moved up to October, but I might be wrong. Also also, you forgot Bomberman Wii (September 25).

Also, so long as you're adding Animales de la Muerte, you might as well add the rest of the WiiWare squad:

August 2008 - Alien Crush Returns
August 2008 - Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, Episode 1 [Note: Episodes 2-5 are announced for the coming months as well]
September 2008 - Animales de la Muerte
September 2008 - Mega Man 9
Q3 2008 - Eternity's Child
Q3 2008 - Gradius Rebirth
TBA 2008 - Bruiser and Scratch
TBA 2008 - Gravitronix
TBA 2008 - Helix
TBA 2008 - LIT
TBA 2008 - Plattchen Twist'N'Paint
TBA 2008 - Tetris Party
TBA 2008 - World of Goo

Sadly, we don't know much about the launch window of WiiWare titles, but this is what a quick scan of Wikipedia tells me.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Not really interested in most of those titles. I'll pick up Animal Crossing I guess, though I had no interest in the DS version. De Blob and Deadly Creatures look alright so I'll see how they turn out, but that's about it. Looks like most of my gaming will be on the PS3/360 for the rest of this year.

lol this is bad....how much do you think i could get for my Wii during the weeks of December?

Do you think i could price gouge?

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press