By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just picked up Red Steel for $18

I was putzin' around Costco's game section yesterday while the family was doing some shopping, and I saw RS there.  I wouldn't have given it a second glance if it weren't for the very reasonable price tag.  I'd rented it at Wii's launch, at decided it wasn't worth $50, but when I saw it yesterday, I had to grab it.  Pretty good deal--decently fun campaign mode and the only 4-player splitscreen FPS on Wii (unfortunately).

Replaying it, I really don't see why everyone condemned the controls so (myself included).  Perhaps it's because people weren't  yet used to losing the position of the Wii-mote when it left the screen?

Anyway, I played the first two levels last night, and thus far, I don't regret my purchase.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

it's not a bad game by any means, it just has a lot of flaws

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

The controls suck, and the graphics are really a mixed bag. Other than that, the game is pretty enjoyable.

Neos said:
it's not a bad game by any means, it just has a lot of flaws

Agreed. Though this level I'm stuck on is kind of bad.

The multiplayer is kind of hilariously bad, but in a good way. It's really fun imo.

that sounds a fair deal. but what is red steel like?

Around the Network

It's basically not a lot different from your average shooter, but the Wii-mote controls enhance the experience a lot. Also, there are swordfights in the single-player campaign, even though animations are mapped to predetermined motions. There's also 4-player splitscreen--all in all, a pretty fun game.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

overpriced, you should have waited till it got cheaper.

FSUsmartboi

Dude, it was $18 at COSTCO! It would have been more expensive anywhere else and besides, the fifty I paid was worth it to me

2 weeks ago you could have gotten it at EBgames for 9.99.