By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sega, Capcom, Bandai, Namco all to shift focus to Wii/DS

Legend11 said:
Bodhesatva said:
Legend11 said:
Bodhesatva said:
Legend11 said:
Timmah! said:

As a console does well, more games flock to it. As more games flock to it, the console does even better, so even more games are developed for it...

The snowball has begun to roll...

That's not to say the other consoles won't have some kick-ass games, but when I want graphics I'm going to get a GeForce8800 SLI rig and make PS3 and X360 look like nothing. I'll probably still play the wii more though.

A little off topic but good luck playing Resident Evil 5, Gears of War 2, Grand Theft Auto 4, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy 13, Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, and the many other exclusives of those systems on your high-end PC. Don't get me wrong the PC has some good games coming like Crysis (2007?)and Starcraft 2 (2008?), but there are still a lot of good stuff you'll be missing out on and that can only be experienced on those consoles.

I do agree, Legend, but the 360 and PS3 represent a semi-akward middle ground. Here's an argument to explain what I mean.

Person 1: "I care about graphics!"

Person 2: "Okay then, get a PC."

Person 1: "But I need a lot of exclusive games. Sure the PC has some, but I want lots."

Person 2: "Oh, you want a lot of games? Then I'd recommend getting a Wii. It's going to have the most exclusive games."

Person 1: "But the graphics aren't good enough!"

In other words, 360/PS3 have more games than the PC, but less than the Wii; 360/PS3 has better graphics than the Wii, but worse than the PC. The two consoles get sandwhiched in between, and I think it's to their detriment.

With that said, the 360/PS3 (I think especially the 360, your console of choice) are going to have many great games over their lifespan, and if you happen to care about the 360/PS3's great games more than the PC/Wiis, then more power to you.

Your conversation between Person 1 and Person 2 doesn't actually make any sense.

Can you explain why not? It's absolutely reasonable from my perspective.

Conversation broken down logically:

Statement A: "I care about graphics" (excludes the Wii)

Statement B: "I want lots of exclusives" (includes the Wii)

Statement A AND Statement B (excludes the Wii)

Yet in your conversation Person 2 recommends a Wii to Person 1 when it was already excluded, that's why it doesn't make any sense.

Now hopefully this thread gets back on topic.

No, my point wasn't that the Wii was the right choice for person 1. It wasn't pro-Wii statement, it was sort-of-semi anti PS3/360. The idea is that 360 and PS3 have good graphics... but not as good as the PC. They have a good deal of exclusive games... but not as many as the Wii.

The 360 and PS3 are sandwhiched in between the ultimate hardcore gaming machine and a much more casual one, and I think that's bad for both systems. You could argue otherwise -- that they achieve a perfect balance of graphics and available titles, hardcoreness and casualness -- and if that's your thing, go for it.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

Why does this turn into wii-bashing? Or dressing down Wii? Can't peoples enjoy their own systems respectally?

I hope this means RE5 come to Wii, but Im not sure.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

BenKenobi88 said:
Sega and Namco don't surprise me, though I figured Capcom would remain a sturdy developer for all consoles. I'm sure it'll produce a few still, but it sounds like much more attention will be going to Nintendo now.

Capcom is the only one I really care about out of the four and they're still multi-platform as usual.  It wouldn't bother me in the least if Sega and Bandai went completely exclusive to the Wii, they make no games that interest me.  Namco has made one game that I'm interested in (Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation) but otherwise I'm not into Pac-Man, Ridge Racer, Tekken, or Soul Calibur so it's not much of a loss either if they end up putting almost all of their development efforts to the Wii.

It's good to see the Wii getting lots of games but I'll take quality over quantity and so far the games that Capcom and Namco have been doing for the 360 are quality, when the Wii gets stuff like this from Namco-Bandai then it's not really much of a loss:

• Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
  • Ennichi no Tatsujin
  • Final Furlong
  • SD Gundam G Breaker
  • New Digimon Project
  • Pac-Man Carnival
  • Sword of Legendia
  • Tamagotchi's Sparkling President
  • Xevious (Virtual Console)
  •  

Legend11 said:
    BenKenobi88 said:
    Sega and Namco don't surprise me, though I figured Capcom would remain a sturdy developer for all consoles. I'm sure it'll produce a few still, but it sounds like much more attention will be going to Nintendo now.

Capcom is the only one I really care about out of the four and they're still multi-platform as usual.  It wouldn't bother me in the least if Sega and Bandai went completely exclusive to the Wii, they make no games that interest me.  Namco has made one game that I'm interested in (Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation) but otherwise I'm not into Pac-Man, Ridge Racer, Tekken, or Soul Calibur so it's not much of a loss either if they end up putting almost all of their development efforts to the Wii.

It's good to see the Wii getting lots of games but I'll take quality over quantity and so far the games that Capcom and Namco have been doing for the 360 are quality, when the Wii gets stuff like this from Namco-Bandai then it's not really much of a loss:

• Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
  • Ennichi no Tatsujin
  • Final Furlong
  • SD Gundam G Breaker
  • New Digimon Project
  • Pac-Man Carnival
  • Sword of Legendia
  • Tamagotchi's Sparkling President
  • Xevious (Virtual Console)
  •  

Didn't Namco-Bandai do the Gundam Musoi game that all the PS3 crowd were saying (before release) would save the PS3?

Now I am very happy for the sega support, even if they aren't as good as they were when they had there own plattform.

Namco is making one game that I seriously want but that might be because I am an old PC gamer, not a consol gamer from start, and that is Space Station Tycoon. The rest is as you say garbage, but PS2 had those games too and that is what make you win in the long run, sad but true.

Capcom, I personally will give support to all plattforms but I think they will give a lot of japanese centric games because of the succes of the Wii in Japan.

The devloper I really want to give some support is SNK, I want a new Metal Slug with classic controll use :D

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Won't go crazy about this until they actually bring good games on the Wii and not cheap cash ins...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

about the "they wont stop makin a game mid production to switch" hhmmm anyone remember FF7???? N64 exclusive had gameplay and screen shots and was to be a launch title BUT square "switched" mid game and went to the ps one and remade it there. it could very well happen.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Yeah and the PSone had 2 times less power then the N64, history is already constantly repeating itself doesn't it? :P

@Legend11, your lost but a winning for the WII, especially Tales of Legendia, at least that game is highly welcome to visit my console.

Edit: isn't there any policy about the sizes of signatures? Some have large signatures and is really overwhelming the entire forum.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Capcom knows the only read game in town is Wii. I hope more developers will make this wise decision.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m