By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata:Nintendo ignoring core gamers, misunderstanding we want to get rid of

Who needs forgiveness? The games they announced will outsell anything MS or Sony announced.

And E3 is a joke. They'll announce "bigger" or "core" games later, when they feel like it. The days of Nintendo announcing games years in advance are over.

Nintendo will continue to force the industry wide open and crush it and expand it over and over, and they'll pull the snobcore crybabies kicking and screaming into the future of video games. This is nothing new.

Think of this as a robot war. The robots are coming. Join them or die. I for one, have become a cyborg. I'll be on the robot team bitches.

Around the Network

See, that's good PR, unlike what MS and Sony usually do (insulting competitors, insulting customers, etc).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I forgive you Nintendo. But realize it's not just Marios and Zeldas we want. Where the hell are the rest of your IPs???????????

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

iphone wont be a threat to DS

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Who needs forgiveness? The games they announced will outsell anything MS or Sony announced.

And E3 is a joke. They'll announce "bigger" or "core" games later, when they feel like it. The days of Nintendo announcing games years in advance are over.

Nintendo will continue to force the industry wide open and crush it and expand it over and over, and they'll pull the snobcore crybabies kicking and screaming into the future of video games. This is nothing new.

Think of this as a robot war. The robots are coming. Join them or die. I for one, have become a cyborg. I'll be on the robot team bitches.

Anything you say becomes null and void the moment you use "snobcore" in a post. There is nothing more snobish then labeling an entire people some derogatory name based on a small percentage of that population... Well that and its bigoted and ignorant. I think its actually the textbook definition of "Racist". You are the very definition of "Snobcore" when you use that term.

Did you know that Cubic Zirconias outsell Diamonds many hundreds of times over everyday? Its true, still doesn't make the Zirconia's anything more then what they are, fake.

Sorry to the rest of you, it just pisses me off when someone uses that god awful term. I own a Wii and when I do turn it on I have fun with it.

OT: I dont get why people that were so bent out of shape about Nintendo's conference are so quick to forgive and to forget. Most of you people still bring up the batarang controller and 600 dollar price tag of the PS3 or the RROD on the 360 and dont even own those consoles. This time it was your own cereal that was pissed in and you just roll over and forgive? Hypocritical.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network

@Lemmiwinks: Why do you care about what Wii owners feel for Nintendo?
You own a Wii that's right, you can cry if you want. Nintendo is not the only Wii dev, there's tons of 3rd parties doing a very competent job.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Soriku said:
Pristine20 said:
Still no new IPs for the core...how sad. I guess their fans are happy though so who am I to cry for them!

That's because...they aren't ready to show them. They confirmed a new Pikmin, and pretty much a new Mario and Zelda. Nintendo's strategy is to reveal a big game, make your jaw drop, and have it out soon (within a few months). They're not like Sony who show some CGI (and SE >_>) trailer and make you wait years to finally get it.

I remember TP was announced at E3 2004, and it finally came out on november 2006...I remember it because I waited all that time reading any information about the game...(I don't really care if they had it finished before but waited for a Wii release...the wait was the same)

Super Mario galaxy was first announced at E3 2006 and it came out november 2007...

that my friend isn't exactly a few months...

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

vaio said:

A Wii Bit Short On Supplies

Chuck Norris 07.22.08, 9:30 AM ET

Chuck Norris

Fixed.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

|_emmiwinks said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Anything you say becomes null and void the moment you use "snobcore" in a post. There is nothing more snobish then labeling an entire people some derogatory name based on a small percentage of that population... Well that and its bigoted and ignorant. I think its actually the textbook definition of "Racist". You are the very definition of "Snobcore" when you use that term.

Did you know that Cubic Zirconias outsell Diamonds many hundreds of times over everyday? Its true, still doesn't make the Zirconia's anything more then what they are, fake.

Sorry to the rest of you, it just pisses me off when someone uses that god awful term. I own a Wii and when I do turn it on I have fun with it.

OT: I dont get why people that were so bent out of shape about Nintendo's conference are so quick to forgive and to forget. Most of you people still bring up the batarang controller and 600 dollar price tag of the PS3 or the RROD on the 360 and dont even own those consoles. This time it was your own cereal that was pissed in and you just roll over and forgive? Hypocritical.

No when I say snobcore I mean snobcore and it's perfectly valid.  Anybody who takes offense to it is a snob.

Anybody who can refer to themselves as "hardcore" on the internet or in real life and then look at themselves in the mirror without crying has some serious issues.

Especially when they're elitist assholes (EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM) who hate 99% of gamers, and expect every game to cater to their obsolescent tastes.

I have a Wii and haven't forgiven anything.  The controller works fine and it has a great price and great software for every demographic except for the "snobcores who demand 1 FPS per fortnight" demographic.

I don't get your cubic zirconia analogy.  Are you implying that the Wii provides an inferior or fake gaming experience or just arguing that great sales don't prove good quality?  I'm not arguing that its sales prove its quality, but they do prove that it is completely changing the industry.

The difference between us is that I think change is good for the industry and snobcores don't.

When you compare video game sales to the population growth, then the industry was growing slower than population, meaning it was shrinking and definitely needed a jolt.  I am grateful to Nintendo for providing that jolt.  If it weren't for the new control schemes the DS and Wii offered me, I'd be playing nothing but Blizzard and Valve games on my PC.

on topic - it was always nintendo's plan to step off and give 08's latter half to thirsd parties. If they genuinly have no titles ready to demo at E3 due to development cycles then wouldn't mario kart have been a holiday release?

They have titles ready and my guess is we'll see them from Q1 09 and a clip of Zelda and Pikmin maybe shown at TGS.